Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Huey - Tank, Potato - tomato.

You are doing fine Andy. The cockpit is looking pretty good.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well thank you Ian,very kind of you to say so:hugging-face:,
So,ere`s a bit more progress......
IMG20220216184249.jpg
Put some weathering down on the seat fabrics,(Got to do the frames and flooring yet.......
IMG20220216184302.jpg
...More boring pics.......
IMG20220216184859.jpg
IMG20220216185034.jpg
Yes,i know it`s not the best...... but i`m getting there..... Kinda!!
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Oooooh!!! That's nice.

Coming on nicely Andy!!

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr Smith, that is looking exceedingly good .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Guys,
I know it won`t look like much at all,but unlike the builds in the GB so far,i`ve had to stop actual building,until i get two of the crew figures in their seats....
IMG20220219183354.jpg
Won`t dwell on those,as it`s a "Helicopter Build",but i wanted just to show what the hold up is,(Apart from trying to finish my tax returns at the same time:smiling6: )!! Anyway,i have cracked on with Spraying the two fuselage sides,but that`s boring,so won`t bother to put pics up! Here`s the underside of the "Top Rotory bit".....
IMG20220219183110.jpg
That`s it there with the Upper intake stuff,the weathering may look extreme,but when it`s inverted you`ll need a greater perspective.... hence the dark tones!.....
`tother side of that bit with whirlygig,needs some more detail painting,BUT,for once,i`m quite pleased at the start.......
IMG20220219184442.jpg
Don`t worry about the dodgy base painting,that will be sorted:thumb2: ,need to do some research on what that pipework should be like....but no worries there;)
Lastly.....
IMG20220219185439 (1).jpg
The "Tinted Glass" that was need in the upper stuff.... best colour i had,so went for it,maybe not perfect,but i reckon in the big scheme of things i might get away with it!!
So,that`s my puny progress,but took a while,and then there`s the huge fuselage that i`ve worked on too:cool:.....
.... I`m pleased,but i doubt my Accountant will be!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Well then Guys,
I know it won`t look like much at all,but unlike the builds in the GB so far,i`ve had to stop actual building,until i get two of the crew figures in their seats....
View attachment 446456
Won`t dwell on those,as it`s a "Helicopter Build",but i wanted just to show what the hold up is,(Apart from trying to finish my tax returns at the same time:smiling6: )!! Anyway,i have cracked on with Spraying the two fuselage sides,but that`s boring,so won`t bother to put pics up! Here`s the underside of the "Top Rotory bit".....
View attachment 446459
That`s it there with the Upper intake stuff,the weathering may look extreme,but when it`s inverted you`ll need a greater perspective.... hence the dark tones!.....
`tother side of that bit with whirlygig,needs some more detail painting,BUT,for once,i`m quite pleased at the start.......
View attachment 446460
Don`t worry about the dodgy base painting,that will be sorted:thumb2: ,need to do some research on what that pipework should be like....but no worries there;)
Lastly.....
View attachment 446461
The "Tinted Glass" that was need in the upper stuff.... best colour i had,so went for it,maybe not perfect,but i reckon in the big scheme of things i might get away with it!!
So,that`s my puny progress,but took a while,and then there`s the huge fuselage that i`ve worked on too:cool:.....
.... I`m pleased,but i doubt my Accountant will be!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Thanks for looking in,
Andy
Looks great starting to think mine‘s a bit feeble now :loudly-crying::rolling::tears-of-joy::thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Build coming on well , I like that green shade and the thingy for attaching the whirly bits looks good.

Finishing your tax return ! your either very late or very early if its the 5th of April Mr Smith. Of course it could be some strange date that is used down your way. ;)
Love to Rach and Cohan

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,I`ve had a week from hell with hardly any benchtime at all!!:angry:
Work has been a total nightmare,and also trying to get my books in..... many days from 7am til midnight!!:dizzy:
However this last few days,i`ve managed to get the pilots done,so i can progress with putting the fuselage together......
..,... I warn you now,I`m NO figure painter,(Just an AfV builder who attempts figures!!) ....
But I had to get these Chaps in som i can move on with the build!!.......
IMG20220227180543.jpg
IMG20220227180605.jpg

IMG20220227180735.jpg
Well,not exactly a heap of progress,but at least i can look forward to trying to get the rest of the Helicopter together soon:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking very good Andy, you give me something to strive for. Practice, practice, practice.
Well,thanks for that vote of confidence Garry!!:smiling2:.......
.... although i`m not sure it`s warranted mate;),
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I`ve actually managed to get the two halves together:smiling:!! I was a bit worried about that bit of the build,but it surprisingly,relatively,stress free,(ish!!)......
Firstly though,the Air crew with the CORRECT number of Arms!!......
IMG20220302164610.jpg

IMG20220302164457.jpg
With some of the Dash there,as you won`t see it later!.... Also,the "New" arms are brighter.... just need to blend them in with a wash;),and here it is under Duress !!
IMG20220302164407.jpg

IMG20220302164310.jpg

So there you have it!!.... Starting to look like a Huey now!:thumb2:
Thanks for looking in,
Andy