Andy`s Ugly son of a gun.......(Tractor!!).

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Chaps,
Well,after my recent non entity of a "Greyhound" Build,i `ve picked another kit from the stash to do alongside the aircraft that i`m doing for the GBs :thumb2: ,
This time,i`ve gone from one extreme to the the other,not in scale mind.... this one is also 1/35:nerd:,the previously shelved project was the Streamlined,fast,American,Tamiya "Greyhound armoured car...... so,to do a complete U-Turn,i`ve chosen a kit which is FAR from Streamlined,sluggish,British/Canadian,Tamiya..... that,i suspect most of you are very familiar with from either your youth building it,or just seeing the box art;),I,for one,did the 1/72 version WAY back in my childhood!
I`ve checked that EVERYTHING is present and correct,so NO complications this time!!:thumb2:
So,with no more ado i give you this OLD,and Vintage:cool:,...... not RARE,because they`re still readily available :tears-of-joy:.......
IMG20220605165932.jpg

IMG20220605165913.jpg

So there tis!!.... Not exciting,should be a doddle to build up,and..... a bit of a trip down memory lane!!
As always,anyone how would like to join in along the way is more than welcomed:hugging-face:,
Cheers for now,
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Great choice. I built this quite a few years ago. Makes a great model. Some say it's a bit over scale and the gun tractor does look big when compared to other 1/35 models.
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Yes, it’s overscale and most of the angles on the cab are off, but it looks cool and impressive with that limber plus gun behind it :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, will tag along to see this built...better than the one sitting amongst my stash. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Andy, I built the 1/76 old Airfix kit in my teens. It was the first model I ever weathered (just mud from the garden and some white glue) and provided with a folded camo net (just a roll of gauze dipped into thinned Humbrol Tan).
I'll follow your build with interest.

Andrea

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy I remember building a 1/72nd scale one I think. Should be a breeze for you
Evenin` Mick,Thanks very much for your faith in my building ..... whether i find it a "Breeze" or not is yet to be found out!!:tears-of-joy:
Hi Andy
Great choice. I built this quite a few years ago. Makes a great model. Some say it's a bit over scale and the gun tractor does look big when compared to other 1/35 models.
Jim
Hello Jim,Yes,i`ve heard that it`s over scale too,(Won`t find that out for myself until it`s built enough to compare with my other builds),but either way,it doesn`t matter really,as it`ll be all on it`s own:thumb2:.
Yes, it’s overscale and most of the angles on the cab are off, but it looks cool and impressive with that limber plus gun behind it :smiling3:
Hi Jakko,always great to see you looking in mate!.... I agree with you that the discrepancies in the kit doesn`t necessarily make it one of those "Avoid at all cost" kits,in fact,(And this is obviously only my thoughts),it`s such an Iconic kit,that i would suggest it should be on everyones "To do list"!!:thumb2:
Hi Andy, I'd like to tag along if I may, the Quad tractor has been on my wish list for sometime.
Cheers Rob
Evenin` Rob,Of course you`re MORE than welcome mate,it`s great to see vyou looking in, read on..... as i think you definitely SHOULD get one :cool:
Good choice built this a few years ago with the most horrendous weathering attempt ever in the history of any model ever made by anyone...ever:tongue-out3:
Cheers Mark,Yep,i did the 1/72nd one WAY back when i was ickle!!..... I suspect my weathering was MUCH worse than yours :tears-of-joy:
Andy I will follow along I've never built one but would like to.

Marty
Hey Marty,How`s it going mate?... nice to see you drop in!.... As i said to Rob,I would recomend this kit to anyone who wants an easy to assemble,uncomplicated kit:cool: !
Hi Andy, will tag along to see this built...better than the one sitting amongst my stash. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Hey Hey.... It`s the Diorama King!!:hungry::thumb2:.... Great to see you Buddy... It`s a kit that shouldn`t languish in your stash.....

Andy, I built the 1/76 old Airfix kit in my teens. It was the first model I ever weathered (just mud from the garden and some white glue) and provided with a folded camo net (just a roll of gauze dipped into thinned Humbrol Tan).
I'll follow your build with interest.

Andrea
Hi Andy,Excellent to see you you Buddy.... Yes,I think the smaller versions of this kit is a bit of a staple for all us,(Older!!),Modellers..... but,in my view,one that EVERYONE should do:hugging-face: .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking forward to this!
Steve
WHAT?... You Steve?!!..... Thought you were FAR too suave to be interested in an ugly duckling like this mate.... However,it`s kinda BRITISH... so i get it!!;):thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok the Guys...
Firstly... WOW what a fantastic crew formed up already!!..... Just goes to show that this OLD Tamiya kit still holds a kinda fascination/interest with model builders of all scales and genres :thumb2: ,
Thanks ALL for your input and interest.... i hope i don`t let you down!!:flushed:
What i would like to say about this one is that it`s been an absolute PLEASURE to put together so far:cool:,got a long way to go yet obviously but it`s such a FUN build!
Don`t get me wrong,it is old,therefore there`s a bit of seam/raised flash to remove... but nothing that constitutes a problem:thumb2:......
Enough of my twaddle..... Here`s where i`m at with it at the mo.......
IMG20220607164508.jpg

IMG20220608174044.jpg

IMG20220608173913.jpg
You can see some of the obviously great details there.... sorry for not putting more detailed stage parts.... but this is such a dream to put together that i got carried away!!:dizzy:... when i progress to building up the gun and limber,(And indeed the rest of the Truck)... i`ll try to restrain myself and take more stages pics!
For now though,i`ll just say..... "IT`S A GREAT KIT" ..... and stay tuned!!
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
I built one of these a while back, it's a great kit and goes together well. You are off to a great start, I will pull up a chair if I may.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
WHAT?... You Steve?!!..... Thought you were FAR too suave to be interested in an ugly duckling like this mate.... However,it`s kinda BRITISH... so i get it!!;):thumb2:
Andy
Suave, moi? I'll let you know I have a 25pdr and Limber in permanent residence on a Man Cave shelf sirrah! Not got round to the Quad yet though!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

If there's still room can I join the party?? Bribes in the form of Junior's Celebration Chocolate Brownie can be made available!!!! ;) ;)

I have a vague recollection of making a large scale quad tractor in my youf minus limber and gun though.... It was definitely the same for plastic.... Also pretty sure I never painted it.

Keep up the good work!!

Andrew