Andy`s Ugly son of a gun.......(Tractor!!).

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It is, despite its shall we say unusual breed; neither Ford or Chevy, as already mentioned a very nice kit to build. I have built one and a half of them! (the half was a conversion to a 17lb'er Pheasant.)
Look forwards to seeing the colour go down on this one.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Going well Andy. You could use the guy with the shorts if you set it in Southern Europe on the Italian front ;)
Hi Tim,yes,good point there Sir... but looking at the MG Team figures,i think i`d prefer the other chap to suit them.;) ...
.... Probably some sort of OCD:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: ....
i just like to put stuff in that you`ll NEVER see,not because i`m a GREAT modeller,(OBVIOUSLY i`m not:thumb2:!!),But just because it makes me feel that i`ve done my best.

Andy
Looking very tidy mate.
Cheers Scottie, ( DAWG )!! It`s just Good fun... as i`m sure you know:thumb2:
Hi Andy

Missed this as well, bugger

Coming along very nicely
Hi Bob,Nice to see you Sir... I hope yourself ,and especially Julie,are faring as best as can be expected:thinking::thumb2:.
You can't beat a relatively stress free build. There are plenty of challenging kits out but sometimes you don't need it. Nice work so far Andy
Indeed Mate... It` such a great thing to be able to relax,take time,and.... more importantly..... HAVE FUN!!:cool:
Coming on very nicely Andy!!
Cheers Andrew.... I bet you and Junior would relish this kit.... No matter what the scale:thumb2:

Thanks Guys,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It is, despite its shall we say unusual breed; neither Ford or Chevy, as already mentioned a very nice kit to build. I have built one and a half of them! (the half was a conversion to a 17lb'er Pheasant.)
Look forwards to seeing the colour go down on this one.
Hi Ian... Yep,an "Unusual Breed" for sure!!
I`ve saved this reply to last,simply because i`m going to put up a pic of the Basic Overall colour;) ,....
So i`ve now got it to this basic "Dark Yellow" stage.....
IMG20220622194627.jpgWell,what can i say?!!:flushed::flushed:
It`s great fun,and even though i`ve had a.... HORRENDOUS Day... :loudly-crying:..
I`ve managed to get this done at least!!
Andy

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Catching up at last Andy and looking very tidy indeed, I will have to save some pocket money and treat meself. I don't think it's an ugly beastie tho !
Cheers Rob.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Catching up at last Andy and looking very tidy indeed, I will have to save some pocket money and treat meself. I don't think it's an ugly beastie tho !
Cheers Rob.
Thank you very much Rob!... You don`t need a LOT of "Pocket Money" to get this kit i think... however,it may be more expensive these days!:thinking:,
As for the "Ugly Beastie"... Hmmm,not sure myself... if it`s not "Ugly",then it HAS to be "Weird" looking ?!!;),
Nice to see you looking in mate:hugging-face:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... A slight update Chaps...
I decided i didn`t want to do the just plain Dark Yellow scheme,rather go for the one with the Black rounded camo! Didnt want to pay out for AM sets,so decided to semi copy the drawn on instruction pattern,using "White Tack",(because it doesn`t leave a residue like "Blue tack does),....
It may all turn out to be a complete disaster... but here`s what i`m trying....
IMG20220623184630.jpg
Yep,a bit of white Tack,some hole punches,(To get the required Rounded edges),an "Orange stick",(Nicked from Rach`s pampering stash;):thumb2: )
And what it looked like all ready for the initial Black attempt....
IMG20220623185006.jpg

IMG20220623185037.jpg
... Just sprayed the Black:flushed:.... we`ll see if my plan worked... if not... it`ll be back to stage 1 !!:disappointed2:.. not sure yet,but we`ll see:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... A slight update Chaps...
I decided i didn`t want to do the just plain Dark Yellow scheme,rather go for the one with the Black rounded camo! Didnt want to pay out for AM sets,so decided to semi copy the drawn on instruction pattern,using "White Tack",(because it doesn`t leave a residue like "Blue tack does),....
It may all turn out to be a complete disaster... but here`s what i`m trying....
View attachment 456158
Yep,a bit of white Tack,some hole punches,(To get the required Rounded edges),an "Orange stick",(Nicked from Rach`s pampering stash;):thumb2: )
And what it looked like all ready for the initial Black attempt....
View attachment 456159

View attachment 456160
... Just sprayed the Black:flushed:.... we`ll see if my plan worked... if not... it`ll be back to stage 1 !!:disappointed2:.. not sure yet,but we`ll see:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just found this Andy, so apologies for a late turn up .
Looking very neat and clean, had to look twice at the covering using the white stuff . Good idea as that putty is really costly if your not going to use it a lot of times .

I still have my dinky toy model of this !

turn up .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking very neat and clean, had to look twice at the covering using the white stuff . Good idea as that putty is really costly if your not going to use it a lot of times .

turn up .
I grew up playing with Dinky Toys........Still got most of them! :smiling:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

turn up .
Evenin` John,Good to see you pop in:thumb2:,The "White tac" is excellent for this type of thing,,,, leaves no residue and so reusable ;)
I grew up playing with Dinky Toys........Still got most of them! :smiling:
Hi Rick, I did too ,mate.... unfortunately my mum ditched all mine when i left home:disappointed2:!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Okey Dokey then......
... Last update before i shoot off to Tankfest tomorrow:money-face:!!...
The Camo went "So So" when peeled back on the near side,a fair bit of tidying up around the edges was required,however,on tother side i learned from my mistakes and it came out a bit better. Here`s how it stands currently,with the edges initially sharpened up......
IMG20220624203152.jpg

IMG20220624203234.jpg

IMG20220624203259.jpg
A bit of work to blend it together yet,but overall i think i may well use the Tape/White tac method again.;)
BTW,some of you may`ve noticed that i managed to break off the Mirror on the nearside.... Dropped it whilst applying the tape and..... PING!!:dizzy::sad:... Luckily though,i retrieved it from the carpet monster.... so it WILL be put back on:thumb2:.
As always,thanks for looking in.... see you after "Tankfest".... unless you`re going of course,in which case,i may see you there!!
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Late evening Mr. Smiff,

I have been following this great build from the beginning and have thoroughly enjoyed your progress so far, but without commenting. You have been doing a wonderful job and it's shows in the pictures. Using the white tack has also worked out nicely for the camo. It's only common to have a few touch-ups as with any masking medium. Top job Andy!!!....BUT,

One must remember that this forum is family based and friendly to all. Therefore, I find it my duty to remind you that posting pictures of you sitting at the bench in your Fruit-Of-The-Looms/BVD's, is quite inappropriate, to say the least. This is not show-us-your-drawers.com Sir. Therefore, I politely ask you to refrain from posting such pictures in the future....Thank you for your understanding in this matter.......

BTW, have a great time at the Tankfest and don't forget to take some pics for us who can't attend...................................

Prost Brother
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Late evening Mr. Smiff,

I have been following this great build from the beginning and have thoroughly enjoyed your progress so far, but without commenting. You have been doing a wonderful job and it's shows in the pictures. Using the white tack has also worked out nicely for the camo. It's only common to have a few touch-ups as with any masking medium. Top job Andy!!!....BUT,

One must remember that this forum is family based and friendly to all. Therefore, I find it my duty to remind you that posting pictures of you sitting at the bench in your Fruit-Of-The-Looms/BVD's, is quite inappropriate, to say the least. This is not show-us-your-drawers.com Sir. Therefore, I politely ask you to refrain from posting such pictures in the future....Thank you for your understanding in this matter.......

BTW, have a great time at the Tankfest and don't forget to take some pics for us who can't attend...................................

Prost Brother
Allen
Ditto what Allen sed!!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,

That's coming on very nicely indeed.

Very well done.

Andrew