Andygh's 1/35 Polish TKS

A

andygh

I've got no bare plastic on the go at the moment so I'm building this tiny kit, strictly OOB this time even though there is a p.e. set available

Believe it or not it was a tank destroyer with it's 20mm gun, though considering it was first built in the early 1930's any opposition armour was probably fairly flimsy so it could've done the job

It's an RPM kit with not too many parts, quality looks OK'ish

It has a basic interior and comes with vinyl and link & length tracks

P

Polux

Interesting model.

I love the colour camuoflage, I'm sure you will do a great work on it.

Good luck!!

K

Keith9657

Looks like an interesting little kit. Are the instructons just in Polish?

Keith

C

CDW

This looks like it'll be a great little build Andy, you dont realise how small they were till you look on t'interweb eh?

Apparently the TK was based on the chassis of the British Carden Loyd tankette. The TKS was an improved model with a new hull and a more powerful engine (obviously the "S" stood for sport:smiling3:)

They didn't mess about either ...... on 18 September 1939 a TKS with a 20mm gun destroyed three German Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) tanks.

You have to do this in a little dio mate, just to show the size of it :smiling3: :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
a history lesson and a interesting build never seen one in all the years of watching and building...

A

andygh

Keith, the instructions are in Polish but I don't think they'd be any clearer in English to be honest :1newwink:

Colin, it should go in a dio shouldn't it, I thought a Panzer I was small but this thing is like building 1/72 and parking it next to a "full sized" vehicle will show just how tiny they were

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Seam to of missed this some how!!

What an interesting little tank.

I will look forward to seeing this come together.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What a fasinating little tank, must be almost the first word in motorised tank/amrour destroyers, I'll enjoy watching this build and the dio that it inspires.

Tony.

A

andygh

This thing has almost overtaken my other tankbuster build now

I really must sort out my photographic technique, more blurry photos I'm afraid

C

CDW

nice camo pattern,

Now... can you weather in 1.800 scale :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: (it even looks diddy in photos so god knows what its like on the bench)

P

Polux

Wow... Perfect camouflage!! Looks small, small!!! I love this different models, out of the habitual ones.

Regards. Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fuzzy photos or not that looks like a good paint job! Just how small is it? Any chance of a picture with a paint pot for scale?

Ian M

A

andygh

Yup, no problem Ian

Weathering nearly done on the TKS

Last edited:
P

Polux

Wow!!! It's a miniature!!!

It looks like a stopper of cork. But very enterteining and agreeable.

Nice weathering

Cheers.