Andygh's Panzerjager 39(H)

A

andygh

This is my kit for the Tank Busters SIG, WWII German Marder on a French Hotchkiss chassis

I've added a Jordi Rubio barrel and an Eduard etch set. The tracks look a bit nasty so I'm considering some Fruil Model replacements, if I can get a bit of overtime this month, maybe :emo6:

Heres the sprue pics

And here's the extras

T

tommy1drop

Hi Andy

Nice choice of kit there, looking to this build myself.

Tom

C

CDW

Unusual looking thing eh?, Looks almost "top heavy"

Is this just going to be the model or do we have a little diorama planned Andy?

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Is that an old kit..? And them extras will look mighty fine get building

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Andy i thought i'd posted on this one. Looks a nice kit but should look alot better with the PE and barrel youv'e got for it. Will watch this as i'm building mine

A

andygh

Don't know about a full dio Colin, it depends on the time available really. I agree it is odd looking though, that's what usually attracts me to these things

I'm not sure if it's an old kit John, I'll see if there's a date on the instruction sheet when I start the build

Ian, yes that's what I like to do, follow everyone else's build as I'm going along and this GB should be a goodie as there's lots of variety this time

A

andygh

An update on the state of play

I've got a feeling this is an oldish kit, there are issues with the fit of some parts and the instructions are very vague in places about where stuff goes. There are lots of sink holes and ejection marks to fill and detail in some areas is fairly nasty but in others it's superb, eg. the weld seams are perfect but the muzzle brake is a mess, plus it's too small (replaced with spare left over from a Marder III kit)

Internal details are a bit vague compared to the Bronco H39 kit, which is a shame as it's much more visible on this model, the Eduard etch should help with this though

The vinyl tracks are a joke, miles too long, so I'm replacing them with the HobbyBoss aftermarket set, which were only about a fiver. Now I'm looking forward to cleaning up and fitting 200 odd tiny links:ohno:

I don't want to make it sound too horrible though, it's not a bad kit, it's just not going to fall together plus it'll take a bit more than a weekend to finish and in the end it should end up as a reasonable representation of what it's meant to be

Track set

It contains 42 of these mini sprues. This way madness lies

C

CDW

Looks good Andy.... bit o' fillin' i see... not that bad though eh?

Individual tracks .... arrrggghhhh ... i had the choice of those when i did the little M3 stuart honey .... i tried ...bottled it .... and went with the ready made jobbies :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Coming along nicely, I dont like the fiddly tracks either, but if it has to be done....:goodluck:

Looking forward to seeing more of this build.

Tom

A

andygh

Cheers guys

I know, filler everywhere:lol and yes, the tracks are a must I'm afraid

I Recently built the Bronco H39 and their individual links were pretty easy but sadly they aren't available as a separate set anywhere

The HobbyBoss set is slightly different but not more than a couple of evenings work, I hope

A

andygh

A few more pics of progress so far

A bit more etch to finish off, then it's time for the tracks :death:

M

mobear

those photo etched parts look awesome,gives it a different fell and look

mobear

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Don't you just love how single link tracks can send you mad lol, looking cool though Andy.

Have fun, John

A

andygh

Another update

Camouflage done and a light dusting over with some Tamiya buff

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking real nice bud...that must have been one top heavy beast to drive on them small tracks