Andy's 1/35 Tamiya Stug B (Bob's GB)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Some completed pictures. Lots of ups & downs as usual for me on this build, trying to run before I can walk, but I really enjoyed it overall. I managed to break off some PE while taking the pictures but hopefully it isn't too noticeable! The Easy Link tracks add something extra and were a doddle to put together, it's just a pity they don't quite fit around the drive sprocket perfectly, as I've seen reported elsewhere.

Thanks to Bob for organising this group build and letting me tag along.

4TbV5BQ.jpg

SGpErXt.jpg

rglAN7C.jpg

8yULIFc.jpg

W2vEYlM.jpg

qVt7srJ.jpg

W0E5M3y.jpg

kEEq7R2.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Scratchy,

You definitely have a winner here! A super job from top to groundwork. I especially like the chipping on the inside of the hatch covers. You deserve a cold one Sir!!!...And glad you had a good chuckle too...……..

Bleib Gesund
Allen

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Andy! A wonderful build which you have learnt a lot from. Glad you stuck with it. Nice addition with the figure. Great stuff mate

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps.

I need to start looking around for what to do next. Haven't seen anything that really takes my fancy yet.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice Andy, great mixture of StuG, figure and base, excellent :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Very nice. You've gotta be happy with that and as Steve said you have learned things to take forward to your next build.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim. Yes I'm happy. I know there are things that could be done better or differently, but it's still early days :smiling3:

What!! You don't want to do another Stug?? LOL

When my nerves have recovered lol

I built my first model just over a year ago now, and to be honest that's longer than most of my hobbies have lasted! I'm looking forward to many more years but need to find subjects that pique my interest, and, for now at least, aren't too taxing to build. I've cracked open the last kit I have so hopefully something will catch my eye before I run out.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
That is a cracking result mate very nice indeed. The only thing I would do extra is brighten the area of the track where the wheels run but otherwise excellent

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul.

I tried removing all of the pigments from that area and even lightly sanded the edges of the guide horns, but it's hardly visible now the tracks are fitted so maybe I should have done more, making the contrast greater. Something to bear in mind for next time cheers.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very nice finish Andy, the stug sits well on the base.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Andy, looks great. nice finish.
For the bright spots on the tracks you could use an HB pencil over the pigments. It’s surprising how effective that is!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Yet again another great kit and a nice little setting to boot. Can't believe you only started a year ago. You clearly have a knack for this. You should be very proud of your efforts!

ATB

Andrew