Andy's Arado...

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, waiting for an entire couple of days until the weekend without anything on the bench was NEVER gonna work really was it?!! ;) ..
....SO,I decided to pick a little plane in the meantime,and ere it be...
IMG20230629160642.jpg
A very old kit,(and very poor quality tbh !!),but I've always liked em and am determined to make a decent fist of this :thumb2: . Having said that,it really is Basic...
IMG20230629160806.jpg
IMG20230629161202.jpg
IMG20230629161529.jpg
There are a couple of float configs provided for,but I'm going for just the pair ones as you can see in the above box art.
The kit is a wierd mix of resin , plastic and vac formed bits, with absolutely NO location points...
IMG20230629162118.jpg
.. case in point!!.. Anyway, it's a crap kit,but of a plane that I particularly like,so I'm gonna do my best to make a decent job of it :nerd:
More to come soon :thumb2:,
It may not be of interest to many, but I think they look pretty cool!!
Cheers for now,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Different!

It's just dawned on me that I sometimes stay up past midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.....that means I could make a fair old dent in the plastic for the GB before dawn! ;) :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interested to see what you make of this one Andy. The mouldings look a little plain, but there doesn’t seem to be much flash on it,…l

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Different!

It's just dawned on me that I sometimes stay up past midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.....that means I could make a fair old dent in the plastic for the GB before dawn! ;) :smiling5:
...so you might well get the jump on some of us then Andrew!!...
.. ... Not to worry though... we,'ll soon chase you down!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Interested to see what you make of this one Andy. The mouldings look a little plain, but there doesn’t seem to be much flash on it,…l
... So am I Tim!! ... Gotta be honest, it's pretty poor,soo will be a bit of a challenge... however,as you say, not much flash... So we'll see how it goes :thumb2:

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
Those expert kits from back in the day can be a challenge getting the resin and plastic to fit up well, but with patience and a bit of elbow grease they can be made in a fine finished model.