Animal Antics

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening folks,

After some discussions with my co-host, Mr Steve Jones’s, we would like to propose the following GB.....Animal antics!

Your entry can be any genre any scale. It can be a vehicle, airplane, boat, train, speedboat whatever....but here’s the catch, there must be an animal link.
So from the straightforward Tiger tank to something like a Lynx helicopter. Doesn’t need to be military as long as it’s a man made vehicle.
We are proposing this to be a bit later in the year So the 1st October to March 29th 2020

Come and join in

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Guys well im soon to start a build of HMS TIGER C20 half battle crusier an half helicopter carrier with 4 seakings on board as ive just bought the ships plans on 6 sheets at 1/72 scale an 95 inches long for R/C to sail if I can build her ok
chris329887

Last edited:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Evening folks,

After some discussions with my co-host, Mr Steve Jones’s, we would like to propose the following GB.....Animal antics!

Your entry can be any genre any scale. It can be a vehicle, airplane, boat, train, speedboat whatever....but here’s the catch, there must be an animal link.
So from the straightforward Tiger tank to something like a Lynx helicopter. Doesn’t need to be military as long as it’s a man made vehicle.
We are proposing this to be a bit later in the year So the 1st October to March 29th 2020

Come and join in
Reminders near the time are requested, old age and short memories creeping in - hello nurse Blunderbust is that time already????
Mike.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Guys well im soon to start a build of HMS TIGER C20 half battle crusier an half helicopter carrier with 4 seakings on board as ive just bought the ships plans on 6 sheets at 1/72 scale an 95 inches long for R/C to sail if I can build her ok
chrisView attachment 329887
This I would really like to see Chris

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Well done Si.Thanks for kicking this one off mate
Great to have you involved on this GB Ian. Many thanks
Nice one JR :smiling::smiling5: Let us know if your going to be joining the rest of the rabble when you can mate.
Alarm is set Allen. Will call you around September mate. Probably send JR's budgie over to wake you:tears-of-joy:
Christopher we would luv to see you take part in the GB. Sadly kick off isnt until October. I hope that isnt an issue for you.
Who are you? If you go and see Matron she will tell you who you are.:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:. No worries Mike. When JR's budgie is doing all the wake up calls I will make sure it visits your cell as well. Great to have you along
Nothing boring about a tigger Jim. Looking forward to seeing your offering
Hello Mike. How are you sir?. Hope all is well in sunny France. It would be great to see you in the GB. Thanks for volunteering taking part:smiling::cool::thumb2:
Defo Bob!! That would be awesome to see. Great stuff

I myself will be doing my first ever Panther so really looking forward to seeing how that goes

Well thanks ever so much guys for the wonderful response and support for this GB. I think we need 10 entrants to make it a goer so where are we now??

Si, Steve, Ian, Allen, Christopher, Mike, Jim, Mike, Bob.

Well done everyone. Nearly there. Looking forward to all the banter and cake throwing. Should be a cracking GB. Many thanks for all your support

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Ian well I hope you will but I hope you are not in any hurry to see her as I think it will be about a 5 yr scracth build as my Nimitz took 7 yrs
chris
As much as I would love to see this being built, as the proposed GB only lasts for SIX MONTHS, I fear you will be pressed for time. Maybe something not quite as big?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
As much as I would love to see this being built, as the proposed GB only lasts for SIX MONTHS, I fear you will be pressed for time. Maybe something not quite as big?
Sorry Ian I dint notice the bit about the time limit read the bit about the catch sayin its got to have something to do with animals an thought im doin a tiger an posted so no worries don't include me
chris

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve/Si,
Great idea for a GB, but as I only build AFV's based around 6 chassis I'm afraid it will be something WW2 German more information at the start.
regards Jim

Last edited: