SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I don't want to cause a row over what's what and although Dave has found a modern Russian offering I shall sit on the side lines and watch.
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Si and I are blown away by the positive response to our GB. Many thanks for all your support. So here is an update of participants to follow on from the one I did on page one.

The wildcat would be a pleasant alternative to the German stuff Dirk. Great choice
Will nudge you Paul some time in Autumn. Great to have you part of the GB
Looking forward to seeing the Hummel Jim. It will be great to see you posting again
A Mustang Pete! That sounds pretty good to me. Great to have you along for the builds
An honour to have you join us Dave. Look forward to seeing your offering nearer the time
Fictional or sci fi is more than welcome Dave. We only ask that it is a machine/mechanical ie man made or alien made :smiling:. Good luck with the new contract:thumb2:
Great to see you are joining us Richard. If you send me the tickets Si and I will pop over to see you in September to run through the finer details:smiling5::cool:
Thanks for taking part Peter. Reminders will be posted regularly and PM's sent nearer the time

Sorry to hear you cant join us John. If you change your mind there will always be a place for you. In the mean time we will have you doing bar tending, biscuit cooking, cake baking, fire watching and general rabble control please. :smiling3::thumb2::cool:

So here we have the updated list of protagonists

The ever hansom Steve Jones
The stunningly sultry Si Benson
The gloriously debonair Ian
The slightly poorly Allen Dewrie
The unforgettable Mike C
The ever faithful Jim
The French optimist Mike Mortimore
The brilliantly bubbly Bob "Bowcat"
The flirtatious Dirk
The northernmost of northern people Paul
The dog loving Jim
The mighty Peter the Great
The ever resourceful Dave Ward
The man with more kits than a model shop Dave
The lovingly luscious Richard
The sculpting genius Peter

So these sixteen fine modellers will be the basis of the end of year GB. However there are over 5,000 members on this forum. So if you havnt done a GB before then come and join in the fun. Even if you just post pictures of the kit and a few updates along the way it would be great to see what you are up to. So don't be shy and come and join in the fun.

Thanks for keeping the thread open for a while Ian. Can we use this thread to discuss research around our builds??

Have a great weekend everyone and happy moggelling

Steve

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That’s typical, I had just written down all the names and was beaten to it....cheers Steve:thumb2:

Well what can I say..... My extraordinarily dashing GB co-host has summed it up brilliantly

A cracking response and we are very pleased to have you join in.
There’s still plenty of time if you want to join in....so don’t be shy :smiling4:
Thanks again folks

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for keeping the thread open for a while Ian. Can we use this thread to discuss research around our builds??
The idea in the suggestion posts are to keep them free from chatter to make it easy to find the names of those wishing to join in. But it's a bit late now for this one,
If you ask me nicely, I can open a forum tomorrow, and make a chat thread. You, or Si can then make the formal intro and you can all chat away in there.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
The idea in the suggestion posts are to keep them free from chatter to make it easy to find the names of those wishing to join in. But it's a bit late now for this one,
If you ask me nicely, I can open a forum tomorrow, and make a chat thread. You, or Si can then make the formal intro and you can all chat away in there.

Please can we have a forum Ian....pleeeeeeease, with a cherry on top:tongue-out3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'm in!
Considering the number of animal related kits in my stash I have to be, 7 Panthers, 2 Tigers, 2 King Tigers, an Elefant, a Puma & a Dingo......:anguished:
It's just deciding which one.:dizzy:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Do them all Graeme! Plenty of time - its a six month GB :smiling5::thumb2:

Great to have you on board

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ok,ok,ok. I'll get on it tomorrow .
But remember. You may start you own thread after the intro but NO BUILDING befor the start date.
Hell I might even join in as well.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Ok,ok,ok. I'll get on it tomorrow .
But remember. You may start you own thread after the intro but NO BUILDING befor the start date.
Hell I might even join in as well.

Be rude not to Ian. Specially as you’ve had all those chocolates and cherries we give you:smiling5:
But what to build...?

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Steve, It would take 6 months just to dig them out of the boxes they are in waiting for a house move!
Did I mention the Wespe, Whippet, Jagdtiger & Centaur? The last two might be stretching the 'animal' theme a bit though...:flushed:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now look chaps as we are having animals would you include homo sapiens as as animal !
If so then I shall join in with a Stalin tank !
If this is unexceptable I shall have to break out my Tiger ! Yes my first Tiger along with some Fruil tracks !

John .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Steve, It would take 6 months just to dig them out of the boxes they are in waiting for a house move!
Did I mention the Wespe, Whippet, Jagdtiger & Centaur? The last two might be stretching the 'animal' theme a bit though...:flushed:

I’m happy with both of those last two choices Graeme, I’m even toying with the jagdtiger myself :thinking:

Now look chaps as we are having animals would you include homo sapiens as as animal !
If so then I shall join in with a Stalin tank !
If this is unexceptable I shall have to break out my Tiger ! Yes my first Tiger a long with some Fruil tracks !
John .

Well that’s settled then John, tiger it is:smiling4:

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
So, who’s going to hassle Scottie then Steve....you or me......or both :tongue-out:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’m happy with both of those last two choices Graeme, I’m even toying with the jagdtiger myself :thinking:
Thank you Si bit worried how Steve is going to announce me after reading the others :surprised:.
John .

Last edited:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
JR & Si

Indeed homo sapiens are animals but sadly not man made. However Steve Austin did get very close.

"Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

So a tigger with Friuls eh?. I expect detailed research from both you and Jim on making sure all tow lines are correct, the tools are placed in the correct manner, turret numbers correct colour etc etc :smiling::tears-of-joy::smiling5:

As for your name JR well that was a no brainer. The ever giving, gorgeously beautiful, one eyed pyrotechnic, brick making, glass shattering, ruin making, architectural whizz kid of all of Russia. The mighty, rabble raiser Mr John Race.!!

As for Scottie being ex army Si, I wish you all the best in sorting him out:tears-of-joy::smiling5:. I'll be right behind you mate:smiling::cool:

Steve

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then The GB is approved with an overwhelming join-up rate.
This thread will be closed and you can go to the forum for it. PLEASE try to keep a modicum of sanity to the thread....