Annealing PE?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gee Whizz...I prefer stiffer brass or copper PE to work with the little parts. They're so easy to bend. What you need is the proper tools to hold the parts for bending or formers and a good rubbing down. A good set or pair of eyes also help. Stainless steel PE with well placed stress points for bending are what I like.

Annealing for seatbelts I suppose is a must but I prefer tape or paper for it.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Gee Whizz...I prefer stiffer brass or copper PE to work with the little parts. They're so easy to bend. What you need is the proper tools to hold the parts for bending or formers and a good rubbing down. A good set or pair of eyes also help. Stainless steel PE with well placed stress points for bending are what I like.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard where do you get paper seat belts ? Brass never looks authentic to me. :flushed:

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard where do you get paper seat belts ? Brass never looks authentic to me. :flushed:

Laurie
Laurie, Kamazukuri do paper seatbelts in 1/72 and 48. Also rifle belt straps. I've got the US, German and British 1/48 seatbelts. If I'm not mistaken Eduard also do paper seatbelts. I haven't used my Kamazukuri belts yet as I still like making my own from masking tape and fuse wire.

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Laurie, Kamazukuri do paper seatbelts in 1/72 and 48. Also rifle belt straps. I've got the US, German and British 1/48 seatbelts. If I'm not mistaken Eduard also do paper seatbelts. I haven't used my Kamazukuri belts yet as I still like making my own from masking tape and fuse wire.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
Kamazukuri? - a search doesn't throw any hits up for model accessories - have you a link?
Cheers,
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Cheers,
Richard
Oh my God - what's better than a good rubbing down ...!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
Kamazukuri? - a search doesn't throw any hits up for model accessories - have you a link?
Cheers,
Dave
My apologies Dave, I spelt it wrong...it's Kamizukuri. Got their price list from Passion Models when was in Shizuoka last so could have changed by now.

20210420_091850.jpg20210420_091929.jpg

http//www.kamizukuri.jp

Cheers,
Richard