Another Mercedes 300sl - Tamiya 1/24

S

Ssasho0

Hello,

lately I have been working on the Tamiya's Mercedes 300sl. I confirm what Marc already stated - this is a wonderful  model, build easily, no fit issues, no flash, no ejector pin marks on visible surfaces, very thin and clear "windows" - generally a top notch model!

For the build I got Strawberry red metallic DB543 by Zero paints, 2K gloss by Zero paints again. Metalizerz by Alcald II, all the other paints are Tamiya and Mr Hobby acrilics. As aftermarket I bought Studio 27 photoetch set for Mercedes 300sl but it was an overkill - the model is so good, that I ended with most of teh PE parts still ont he frets. The only reasons to get it are the wipers, which are way better and true to scale than the kit supplied ones. Another reason is if you want different type of wheel covers or steering wheel. Thats it, no other real reason to get the PE so better buy second kit instead of the PE.

Well that being said I was able to screw several parts of the build and here are the most visible ones:

The front bumper is damaged, I accidently cut the whole bottom part and had to rebuild it by putty. Thats why it is a bit inclined on one side. Marc was so good to agree and send me a spare one :smiling3:  Thank you very much!

The front logo is damaged by too much sanding, I put some paint on the dot where the red was visible, so it is not that eyecatching, but still if you take a closer look its visible. I will have a ate of mine to print me a new one at some point.

Here are the pictures, for some reason photobucket don;t want to upload all pics, but I will try to add more later on

Any questions, comments or constructive criticism are most welcome!

best regards,
Sasho

SAM_5738_zpsrgqpuv1q.jpg

SAM_5712_zpspruac6hv.jpg

SAM_5729_zpsc17cbyg3.jpg

SAM_5731_zpsenjkzei8.jpg

SAM_5734_zpse3xy7nvm.jpg

SAM_5746_zpswbukton3.jpg

SAM_5722_zpsrct3osm4.jpg

SAM_5718_zps7rwf4acr.jpg

SAM_5716_zpsetzbjgd2.jpg

SAM_5726_zpstjc8202p.jpg

SAM_5714_zpsdinn1qtd.jpg

SAM_5733_zpshsrputk9.jpg

SAM_5751_zps8bfqew5l.jpg

SAM_5732_zpspszgp49m.jpg

Last edited:
P

Plastickitbasher

Love the paint work lovely work.

One very very nice build

Paint work was that with a rattle can or AB?

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Another must have!! :x :x

Great photography BTW! B|

First Name
Marc
Wonderful build. Lovely paintwork. I forgot to send the bumper to you ill do it today. 

S

Ssasho0

Thank you for the comments guys, it was enjoyable build and I really reccomend this kit to anyone. It is a real Tamiya kit - shake and its ready ;)

@Marc Stock: Thank you Marc, I will change the front bumper the day it arrives!

best regards,

Sasho

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking Mercedes, love the gull doors. Nice colour choice too, it really does look fantastic.

D

dougie

Very well finished. A great looking model and a nice colour 

First Name
Gwyn
Great colour and finish, a model to be proud of.