Another newbie asking for advise....please

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Methinks you're worrying too much Stu. In the whole history of modelling, I'll bet there hasn't ever been a modeller who was perfectly happy with their first build. Even if you get it built all neat and tidy with everything in the right place and painted the right colours, you'll look at it after you've done another few models and think "I could have done that a bit better." Sometimes it will be things like missing a seam line or not drilling out a gun barrel. Other times it will be the weathering doesn't look as realistic as it should be, or maybe "I should have spent a bit more money and added that aftermarket set".

Just accept the fact that your builds will get better as your skills improve - but you will ALWAYS say "I could have done that a bit better." after they have sat on your shelf next to your latest build.

HI Stu well i hav'nt said anything yet as i only build plastic kits if not on a major ship scratch build which i now am an have been for the last two yrs or so but Dave (gern) has hit the nail on the head on worrying to much an getting enough info as you can go on forever tryin that an not build a single model as ive been scratbuilding big model R/C ships an some plastic kits now an then an i still make a mess up like the other day on my boatmans tiger build done a fair amount of eletric wirein only to find afterwards that ive only gone an wired it all up back to front so no worky an i could not beleive i did something so stupid but it happened all i did then was find out what i did wrong an then put it right an now its all ok so we all make mistakes an get things wrong as all the guys have said an they are right so dont worry an have fun an enjoy this hobby an have a go an could we please see your blog im not into armour much but i like lookin at it as i look at all the other guys blogs on here an you learn as you go anyway sorry for long winded blog here but hope this helps you gettin into makin a start on your model chris

First Name
Stu
..been a bit quiet the last few days as I have fully committed (should be committed?) to clearing out the back room before starting anything new.

Love the forum (probably my favourite one now), and have been having a good old browse as and when I am not sorting out all my crap accumulated over the years. There are some truly remarkable models on display and I can only dream about getting close to the standards shown here.

A couple of days at work next week and then starting on the Airfix Red Arrows, followed by the Airfix 1/72 tank, and then onto the Tamiya.

I don't want to get carried away, but would love to do an MTB (had the Airfix one when I was a boy in short trousers), and always had a soft spot for the Lanc. as my dad worked on them during the war.....

....can't wait!!

Also look forward to attending a show or two when they are allowed, (Telford not too far away)....

..again thanks for all the positive feedback...even though I haven't started yet!!