another north africa dio

T

Tyler Christiansen

Hey guys I know I havent posted recently, ill have some photos of the winter project up soon, did a geshutzwagen sig 33 spg gun with a crew and homemade tarp and new weathering should have it up tonight. But for this project its a North Africa bunker with my favorite general Rommel and his staff (dragon's newest model) and a machine gun crew moving into the bunker (tamiya's machine gun crew on maneuver) I do have the tamiya figures painted but not decaled so im waiting to post them. I know the flesh isnt greatly painted the paint im using isnt acting like normal paint (its in a semi solid/semi liquid state) so its being a pain to work with. the bunker is verlindens "tobruk" bunker and i plan on using a shoebox lid for the base (I know its not a glorious base but it works) and I should have a general idea of where i want the figures posted tomorrow but tell me what you think of the figures. the decals are a combination of tamiya's 1st decal set (wermacht) and 2nd decal set (afrika korps/military police/waffen SS), and the paints are flat black, dunkelgelb, dark green, and schokladenbraun.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice job Tyler. That is one mean looking bunker. Old Rommel dishing out his orders!

The ground work looks good too....Yep, an excellent result. Well done.

Ron

First Name
Aaron
I agree with Ron, That is a MEAN looking bunker bro.,Those figures look fantastic i have seen the dragon kit online and they look great built.

Rommel is one of my fav generals too.

Doing a lot of work with resin i see...good on you mate you have more stones than i do. I have an unhealthy fear of the stuff. I think its some of the bubbles ive seen in really expensive kits online that has turned me off.

Good to see some more of your work Christiansen

p.s sorry to hear about the paints, maybe they need a good stir and thinning.

T

Tyler Christiansen

thanks man, my personal favorite are rommel and then the general with the map, and Rommel has to be my favorite general of ww2 hahaha. As for the Resin, the figures I used in my Grille are the first time I used resin figures, and I have done a resin set for a t-62 a while back, and personally resin is a pain for me to work with but can produce great results, and thanks for the tip about the paint, it nay work with the thinning but stirring doesnt seem to work so far, I'll try thinning it tomorrow.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Tyler looks better with the sand bags and guns, looks like they deserted the place before the Germans got there

First Name
Aaron
Pretty cool mate. 3 cheers for the spares box aye.

T

Tyler Christiansen

thank you and yes, I love my spares box, lets me spice up scenes with spare items