Another thicky question

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi, can someone please tell me if I can brush or is it an airbrush thing, haven't done much modelling since March and have forgotten, I think it's age related.
20201220_134703.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Bin them all Mark! :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Your Vallejo Gloss varnishes are the same but in different size bottles. I would not use them for protection but as an adhesive. Vallejo are not up to handling the harsh weathering a standard build would receive. As the name suggests you will have a gloss finish once applied. Ideal for glass, lenses etc. The white primer again is poor and you will struggle with. If you airbrush it 9 times out of 10 it will be very watery. Possible use with the brush on figures?? All three can be used in an airbrush but you may find you have to water down the varnish. All can be used using a brush. My experience is of AFV models so cannot advise on their use on other types of models.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Bin them all Mark! :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Your Vallejo Gloss varnishes are the same but in different size bottles. I would not use them for protection but as an adhesive. Vallejo are not up to handling the harsh weathering a standard build would receive. As the name suggests you will have a gloss finish once applied. Ideal for glass, lenses etc. The white primer again is poor and you will struggle with. If you airbrush it 9 times out of 10 it will be very watery. Possible use with the brush on figures?? All three can be used in an airbrush but you may find you have to water down the varnish. All can be used using a brush. My experience is of AFV models so cannot advise on their use on other typtes of models.
Thanks for the input, will be painting figures, a new direction for me.