Antena YZR500 1/12 Tamiya

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I survived ten tears of commuting to London on a bike and only suffered a broken rib once when some "person" swung out of a cue to buy petrol. Just clipped the back of my bike and sent me onto a right tank slapper!

Sold them all when I moved to Denmark. Every spring when the roads are dry, the sun in the sky I miss them rather a load! Did consider getting one again, but for the price of a good bike I can buy a car. And that's saying some thing her where cars are the dearest in Europe. I very nearly brought a 999 a couple of years back.

Nuff about that!

That Looks the nuts Trey. The comming owner will be chuffed to bits. I would be.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

thanks Ian, I could'nt give up my Motorcycles I would go nucking futs. I do'nt ride on the street much though mostly track days so its a lot safer. I usually do the exhaust usings dyes and washes and no AB, trying someting different this time started out with a base of gold

then some powdered aluminum plate metalizer brushed on and burnished in with a cloth

then I decanted some transparent candy blue and airbrushed it on fading the front and high lighting the welds & tight bends were the heat tends to build up

then the same with some candy red

finished cleaning them up and ready to instal

D

dm73

Wow, those exhausts look stunning! Excellent work on the rest of the bike too, will be a shame to cover all the good stuff up with the fairings.

B

Bunkerbarge

This is a superb lesson in metallic finishes, many thanks for sharing this build with us. I might have tried to blend the blue and red with a band of clear yellow as well but that is one to try on a sample piece first!

Beautiful bike though and definately worth considering leaving at least one side of the fairing off. I have a few Minichamps bikes and I've put them in deep wooden frames to display them but I had to leave the lower fairings off the see the engines.

T

treyzx10r

thanks Darren. Richard great call!!! I totally forgot about the yellow:badcomputer2:dang it I knew something was missing. Off come the pipes and back to the paint shop.Thanks again for the spot Richard

N

noble

Trey i've been following this build and although i have never tried my hand at motorcycles this looks stunning that engine and especially those exhausts nice build so far mate well done.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I ask you, what chance have we mere mortals got of producing anything anywhere near this sort of standard?

Just beautiful....

Ron

T

treyzx10r

thanks Scott and thank you Ron . I had to revise the exhaust as Richard pointed out I forgot to add a blend of yellow between the red /blue fade. I tried yellow and did'nt like the results at that point there was too much material on the parts so I had to strip the ends and start over. I used a transparent orange and over the light gold it gave the effect I was seeking. This is one of the great things about this site if it had'nt been for Richard's critique I would 've overlooked this mistake and the finish would have suffered. I like that everyone steps up and takes an active part its a big help. Heres the revised paint work

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job and just goes to show how right Ron is when he advocates an honest approach to feedback. I must admit it was with a degree of trepidation that I made the comment as I felt I was critisising someones work of a far better standard than mine!

Anyway all credit to Trey for being so supportive about it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Trey, I didn't think the pipes could get better, but they have.

Richard, regarding your trepidation about commenting, Trey put it in a nutshell.....He forgot, simple as.

Sometimes we get that engrossed in detail we miss the obvious. We've all done it and no doubt will continue to do so.

So full marks to you for pointing it out and, as Trey has posted, he's glad you did!

Ron

T

treyzx10r

thats great Andy very tempting . thanks for the props Ron you really nailed this

T

treyzx10r

I'm finished, here it is ready for delivery.

Norifumi 'Norick' Abe(september 7,1975-october 7,2007)

Raced Moto GP from 1994-2004 for Yamaha

144 career Gran Prix

3wins

17 podiums

1996&2000 Japanese 500cc Gran Prix wins

last Moto GP race 2004 Valencia

While riding a yamaha T-Max scooter in Kawasaki on October 7,2007 a deliver truck made an illegal u-turn in front of Norick ,sadly Noricks injuries were fatal

RIP fallen Rider

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a sad tale Trey, all those races then to go through someone elses stupidity.

I lost a dear friend recently, he was killed by some idiot at the North West 200 in N. Ireland and he was just leaving the event as a spectator!

Anyway it's great that you managed to complete your build in time for Christmas, well done.

There is going to be one very happy, and I would think equally emotional person when the parcel gets opened Christmas day.

Top marks to you on a truly superb model.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Yes Trey. A fatastic job, anyone would be proud to have it. I think being a biker until recently there are a lot of us who have lost dear freinds some time or another, i know i have, bless his sole. Im sure the person you are giving this to will be very happy to recieve it.

Brilliant job.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Ron my most sencere condolence for the loss of your friend,yes it is a sad thing tragedies like these occur.The list of friends lost to senseless traffic accidents is sadly a long one. I thank you for your kind words,I'm really looking forward to seeing the look on his face when he unwraps this one;)

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Yes Trey. A fatastic job, anyone would be proud to have it. I think being a biker until recently there are a lot of us who have lost dear freinds some time or another, i know i have, bless his sole. Im sure the person you are giving this to will be very happy to recieve it.Brilliant job.

Andy
Thanks Andy really appreciate it. I do'nt street ride much at all anymore for that very reason