Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just so I can try and cover all the bases in this little corner of the forum, I would like to hear what you would like to see as a special interest build item.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So I can take it as no one is interested in further SIG builds.....

Ian M

M

m1ks

Only just noticed this Ian.

I'm certainly interested in more, i'm loving this bike one.

I'm open to all manner of things but quite fancy another civilian one but car related next please :idea:

Especially as i've just gotten a couple of US cars including a Plymouth Belvedere, (Christine), though don't know i'm ready to tackle that particular one yet.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Herewith noted m1ks! A car build some time in the future!

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ah now the ball has started rolling. This is good.

A sci-fi Hmmm. That could be fun.

Noted.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would like to suggest a what if but not sure if that would be an SIG or GB.....Time will tell.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

sci-fi sounds good,i have a maquis fighter in my stash

S

Sky Raider

How about steam power, anything steam drivern, Trains, boats traction engines, steam plants like in the old days, if you can find the kits that is, there were some fantastic bits of machinary that powered the old mills and a like, one would make a great little show piece with its copper and brass coloured boiler.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good one Andy. As you say it might be a bit of a challenge in its self to find kits of anything other than trains. And I think Live steam will be a bit much for the most of us.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Sorry Ian, i didnt mean a working model just a replica.

Andy

C

CDW

Hope i'm on the right track here ?? :smiling3:

How about an animal themed build (mostly going to be from scratch i admit) with an additional that the main subject should be set in a "non-distracting" (but relevant) small diorama?

Another idea would be to pick a short period of time in history and build any relevant model from that time (would be easy to check authenticity with the knowledge on here and t'interweb)

A

andygh

Anime sounds interesting, a real change like this would be good

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Anime! Thats deffo going on the list ;)

An Animal diorama? That could be fun.

I think that the thing to remember is that an SIG is going to be more subject bound than just a theme. I will try to put that better.

In my opinion a SIG would be tighter than a GB in as much that a single item of interest is picked out of the hat and the focus is placed on that thing. Admittedly the to SIG's that are running at the moment are quite open in as much as one is aircraft and old one and a 'newer' one. The biker build off being for any bike. It was proving hard to get any interest so the ropes were slacked off a bit.

I think that All that can remember the first GB the FW190 one. It was an excellent group build, but I would say more in the SIG area, as we all built a Fw190.

I am not trying to say we should go that road where We say the SIG is a xxxxx so all build one of those but I feel that the SIG should be held more in focus than a GB. Are you following this?

An example could be. Group Build. World Rally Championship, any car in any scene from the WRC. Where as an SIG would sound more like; WRC Build the winning car of the WRC 1979! Get the idea?

Enough waffle from me, keep those ideas coming.

So far we have:

STEAM

ANIME

SCI-FI

ANIMAL DIO

CIVILIAN CARS

WHAT IF?

Thinking hats on lads.

Ian M

M

m1ks

Anime and Sci-Fi i'd be happy to have a crack at.

As it happens, I did one of those, ooh that loks interesting, i'll just put a little bid on and see what happens, things on a Chaos Gundam, (don't ask me, I have no idea either), i'd watched a couple of the Gundam builds on Plamo Tsukurou and thought they looked fun, this one is apparently a Chaos Gundam, (i think they call them mobile suits?), in 144th scale, no clue what that equates to in physical size, I believe they're supposed to be about 4-6 times the size of a human?

So I could fit that for either maybe? Alternatively I could scratch build a 72nd scale Death Star? (no i'm not serious)

I quite like the idea of steam but not sure what variety there is? maybe a steam powered starfighter :smiling3:

Not sure about the animal one.

H

Hunty22

I quite fancy doing the Millennium Falcon at some point...this might be a great way to "cut my teeth" on a forum build as such!

Steve

B

Boldman

Well I have a yellow submarine kit that will fit in the Sci Fi category (5-4-3-2-1 etc etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.