Any Star Wars fans out there (Not Fenlander obviously!)?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Having got hold of both a Snowspeeder and AT ST in 1/48, I'm wondering if any AT STs were used during the battle on Hoth? I lent all my Star Wars films to my son-in-law to let him catch up with them before he went to see SW7 and I haven't got them back yet to check.

There's a 1/48 AT AT on the way and I'm thinking it would be nice if I could get all three into a dio.

Does anyone do any Star Wars figures in 1/48 or 1/72?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i think there was only ATATs..........and i cant check cos all my dvd's are packed away at the moment so i cant check

and if you find some figure id be interested too :D

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Dave

Watch the clip on battle of hoth and I believe as the AT AT are coming closer there is a shot between them and there are 2 ATST walking faster than the Giants. It's on you tube if you check out hoth battle Star Wars

Hope this helps

Robert

Z

zak illingworth

On the original Hoth battle ATSTs weren't there. On the re mastered ones there are two as Robert mentioned.

J

Judas.1044

It's true that in the original movies there weren't ATSTs but I'm sure that not many fans would disapprove any diorama involving both models.

By the way you were asking for Star Wars figures at 1/48th... the models from Knight Models were just great, but unfortunately I think that they're discontinued.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys. At least I know they're out there. I managed to find these which are absolutely perfect for what I want - except for one small detail:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Battle-of-Hoth-BattleFront-Unleashed-Battle-Pack-SEALED-MINT-Lot-/182028461203?hash=item2a61bde493:g:QpwAAOSwSHZWcg~L

S

stuart.c.82

If it suits the dio stick them in... If it were a factual dio people would see it as a fault but as it's fiction anyway who's to say there wasnt this vehicle just out of shot anyway. The time line would be correct so the dio will look right. imo.

F

Fenlander

Even though I am not a fan, I do know that Dragon are doing a 1/35 AT-AT ;)

S

stuart.c.82

Where can I see the newest dragon models? their website hasn't been updated for over a year.

F

Fenlander

Try this

http://dragon-models.com/Star_Wars/Star_Wars_atat.html

S

stuart.c.82

Ah ok... It's just the bit of the website I want is hopelessly outdated...... I want to do a marvel character (preferably one without a face to paint) but eBay keeps comming up empty or silly money.

S

stuart.c.82

Was hoping they'd release some more recent ones (antman/deadpool) as they've had films out recently. Iron man is popular but people are asking £40+ and I'm only a beginner.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Even though I am not a fan, I do know that Dragon are doing a 1/35 AT-AT ;)
Amazing innit? I didn't know about this one, but I checked it out. Would you believe there's a site out there with a couple of guys having a flame war over the accuracy of the kit which hasn't even been released yet? How these children argue over a model of a model of something that's never been real - except a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away! :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
If it suits the dio stick them in... If it were a factual dio people would see it as a fault but as it's fiction anyway who's to say there wasnt this vehicle just out of shot anyway. The time line would be correct so the dio will look right. imo.
I think you're right. It would look good even if not accurate and that's all that Sci Fi dios are supposed to do! Just gotta wait now for the AT AT.