Anybody done a Stryker assault vehicle?

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Thinking of doing a Stryker but cannot see any reviews on the available kits. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places?
Which kit and was it good, particularly wheels and tyres?
T

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Toby - Trumpeter and AFV Club make a lot of variants so plenty to choose from

What did you search on? I searched trumpeter stryker 1/35 review and there are plenty of reviews including video ones on YouTube

I have one of the Trumpeter versions in the stash - looks nicely moulded. Tyres are rubbery type rather than hard plastic

They also do them in 1/72 if you want to go small - I did a recovery crane version a few years back. Detail was a bit simplified compared to the 35th ones

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Theres been a good few built on here toby , various scales . Just put Stryker in the search bar above , theres build logs etc .
cheers tony

First Name
Wouter
I have started a Stryker in the past, it stalled, not because the kit was bad, but because I tend to lose interest and carry on. She will be finished one day though. It's an AFV Club Stryker MGS, and it's not a bad kit at all so I can recommend it to you (I reckon the other Stryker version from AFV Club are of similar quality). I did replace the wheels for resin aftermarket ones though.
Stryker (10).jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I haven’t built any, but given that the main choices are AFV Club and Trumpeter, I would recommend the former. The latter will likely be cheaper, the former better-moulded and -detailed (but probably a little more fiddly to assemble — though Trumpeter kits often need a bit of massaging parts, so it likely won’t make much difference anyway).

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
I have re-looked and, like people say, seen several. Confused I saw in my history my iPad must have done an autocorrect and changed it to striker. DOH!
Thanks though. Since the Trumpeter one is half the price but not half the quality, I've ordered one of those. I'm not 'hard-core' on everything being perfect so for me that's within budget and complexity. Just had to avoid another racing car covered in those bloody decals I hate so much.
T