Anybody used Mr Color varnish

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yes i am back nagging;)

Has anybody used or can advise ref using Mr Color varnish. I am starting to buy Mr Color laquer paints and like MRP have found them great to use, so looking at varnish

Cheers Bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Andrew, been practicing with Mr Color and very impressed so thought there own varnish would be the best to use

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Tim, do you thin it??

Bob
Sorry, only just seen this Bob. Yes, I thin it exactly as I do Tamiya stuff. Usually I do this by filling a new bottle to the bottom of the neck with MLT before I spray with it. This is about a fifty fifty dilution. I don’t use these paints for brush painting so making them “ready to spray” isn’t an issue for me. It may need slight dilution adjustment before it’s ready to go, but this gets me pretty close.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry, only just seen this Bob. Yes, I thin it exactly as I do Tamiya stuff. Usually I do this by filling a new bottle to the bottom of the neck with MLT before I spray with it. This is about a fifty fifty dilution. I don’t use these paints for brush painting so making them “ready to spray” isn’t an issue for me. It may need slight dilution adjustment before it’s ready to go, but this gets me pretty close.
Not a problem Tim

Appreciated

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've used most of them Bob, they are my first choice.

From the super glossy gx100, their gx112 which apparently adds UV protection, and a few of the matt ones, with gx113 being my favourite.

As with Tim, I thin them with MLT. They are pretty thick in the bottle so you wouldn't want to try them neat! I've tried their rapid thinner with the matt, as recommended by Mr Color, but I find MLT sprays better as long as you don't want the ultimate in flat/matt finishes.

The gx 100 can be thinned right down for thin wet coats giving a great gloss. I go as much as 1 clear : 4 thinner, but I've seen other go as far as 1:6 for the final coats (using thicker coats first) on cars etc. to get it to lay like glass.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've used most of them Bob, they are my first choice.

From the super glossy gx100, their gx112 which apparently adds UV protection, and a few of the matt ones, with gx113 being my favourite.

As with Tim, I thin them with MLT. They are pretty thick in the bottle so you wouldn't want to try them neat! I've tried their rapid thinner with the matt, as recommended by Mr Color, but I find MLT sprays better as long as you don't want the ultimate in flat/matt finishes.

The gx 100 can be thinned right down for thin wet coats giving a great gloss. I go as much as 1 clear : 4 thinner, but I've seen other go as far as 1:6 for the final coats (using thicker coats first) on cars etc. to get it to lay like glass.
Excellent Andy

Many thanks Bob