Aoshima 1/12 Kawasaki 750 RS - finally completed!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've finally managed to complete this, it's been sitting 95% complete for a few weeks!
DSCF2331.JPGDSCF2332.JPGDSCF2334.JPGDSCF2335.JPG
This is my first Aoshima motorbike - I've only made Tamiyas' before. They're a little different, maybe a little less detailed, the instructions are a bit vague in places, but nothing study & comparison can't solve. One thing I found was the plastic was brittle & adding the control cables saw me breaking at least half off, so I had to butt join them with CA.
I had trouble with the metallic red ( vallejo ), not with the paint itself, but the MiG Ammo Lucky Gloss Varnish over the top. It seemed to react with the red, giving an uneven surface ( even though there was at least a week between applications ) - I would have stripped it back, but I'd already added the decals, so that was no go. I've done about five light coats of varnish, to try & smooth it out, but still not happy with the result. I've had mixed results from the Lucky Gloss Varnish, so I'll try another make.
The really odd thing about this model is you can't make the version on the boxart! Only on the side of the box does it say that this is the custom version, with alloy wheels etc. I think I bought this on a whim ( probably at a sale price! ). I'd stick to Tamiya, if I ever decide to get on two wheels again!
Thanks for dropping bye................
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Dave. Very nicely done despite the problems. Odd though that you can't make the main box art version...

ATB.

Andrew