Apollo 11 Saturn V Finished !!!

First Name
Mike
I can only echo everyone else's comments, that's a beautiful build. Did you airbrush the white areas? What's on the extra decal sheet you've ordered that's not on the kit decal sheet?

First Name
Adrian
The whole thing was painted using Halfords spray cans, it took 3 white primers and 2 Appliance White to cover all the grey plastic :smiling3:

The Lunar Module was painted using Vallejo Liquid Gold and Tamiya paints, whilst the Command Module was painted with Alclad II chrome and Aluminium.

I still want to cover the whole thing with Vallejo Satin Varnish as well :smiling3:

The decals are a full set for the rocket I mainly ordered them as I have made a glaring mistake on the build that I haven't shown in the photos :smiling3: but they also include extra decals where the stages separate, and some others that aren't included with the Dragon kit.

I've had a look at the ones for sale on Wonderland models but most are what I have got on the Apollo, though I may be tempted with a Gemini model :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Just a little update , the decals I ordered from the US arrived today and I'm blown away with how detailed they are! I reckon I have at least 60 extra decals to add to my rocket now and to be honest I think it will improve it no end !

There is a very comprehensive set of instructions for all the decals and some very good links to sites with pictures and reference material as well.

View attachment 87399

Adrian

001.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work Adrian , it looks mighty impressive! the paint job must have been tricky with the corrugations, looking forward to seeing the decals on, cheers tony

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great build Adrian, looks fantastic as it is!

Lee :smiling3:

S

steve scan

Adrian this is fantastic, I have started looking around for one though prices up to now have been a little prohibitive, but you have done a great job on this.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
A really fantastic Job Adrian ......... A very clean build of this megalith of engineering. Five Big Stars from me Matey ........ A really good job you've done on it.

Peter

K

Keithmayes

That is just amazing, well done indeed! I have just started my own, smaller, Apollo Saturn V moon rocket, my first model. Looking at how good yours looks is inspirational. Congratulations.

N

noble

Now that is impressive and I love the little modules they are cool, nice work Adrian

scott