Apollo Saturn V 1:144

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Looks all good to me Keith, a nice piece of history on a sweet base. What's next mate?
Next is the Space Shuttle, start tomorrow, to be followed by Concorde. After that a fighter jet, maybe Hurricane or Tornado. So much to build, so little time..... :P

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That looks really good Keith .......... You need to be proud of that mate........ and the figures give a great sense of scale ........... Have a cigar, while the missus sorts out the toilet rolls.

Those things were monsters. When the first one "lit off" it shattered the glass in office windows 5 miles away ........... They have a full size replica at the Kennedy Space Station hanging horizontal in a building ..........

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
That looks really good Keith .......... You need to be proud of that mate........ and the figures give a great sense of scale ........... Have a cigar, while the missus sorts out the toilet rolls.
Those things were monsters. When the first one "lit off" it shattered the glass in office windows 5 miles away ........... They have a full size replica at the Kennedy Space Station hanging horizontal in a building ..........
I would love to go to the Kennedy Space Centre and see that exhibit, must be something else, but unfortunately poor health makes that impossible. Still, I now have an amazing replica in my bedroom. :smiling3:

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
I wish I got 26mpg :confused: but I get a few miles a pint of water when on the bike...
You'd probably get more mpg if you put some alcohol in your tank, it gets those legs pumping.

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Next is the Space Shuttle, start tomorrow, to be followed by Concorde. After that a fighter jet, maybe Hurricane or Tornado. So much to build, so little time..... :P
I'm feeling someone starting to build a stash here hahahahahaha :P . Time is not the concern here but space does!!!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's an impressive start to your scale-model collection. It looks good to me and technique and skills will only improve the more you do so looking forward to some more great builds.

Cheers

P

ps. I like the figures they really give this truly awesome bit of machinery a sense of jaw dropping scale

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
That's an impressive start to your scale-model collection. It looks good to me and technique and skills will only improve the more you do so looking forward to some more great builds.
Cheers

P

ps. I like the figures they really give this truly awesome bit of machinery a sense of jaw dropping scale
Thanks for that. Yes, the size of the thing was certainly impressive. The new SLS rocket which will carry the Orion capsule is even bigger.

D

Deleted member 3568

Sorry somehow I missed the whole wip of this, it looks great to me well done on a great job.

D

Deleted member 3568

Incidentally (you said about doing the concord ) sbe burned 16000liters of fuel each crossing, not good mpg figures either.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Keith, like this mate, good finish.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nothing wrong with that Keith good job I dunno about you how'd you get on painting the black areas across the ribbed sections mine were a right pain I cheated in the end and used black tape and kneaded into the rib lines it looked ok though but my next one will be proper paint

Regards

Colin

D

demon

Very nice build not an easy model and white is always a pain well done go on do a hawker hurricane I hear the new airfix one is good