Arado Ar 196A-3

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I can smell the oil from that engine. It must have been very loud in the cockpit when those machine guns were fired.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
John this is coming on at a real pace and is looking the part. Keep posting those images.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Really looking good john , did you have any problems putting the engine on to the fuselage ?

I had to cut a section of the exhaust tube to get mine on

I did read a review and that person had the same problem

Seeing this is making me want to get another one :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Thank you all for your kind comments, as for the engine Alan i had no problums fitting it in the fuselage.

My biggest problum was fitting the underside of the fuselage, i had to cut off the locating pins as they did not line up with the pins on the cockpit section whitch i had already put in the fuselage, but this was my own fault as i built the floats with the underside section attached to them, i thought it would make life simpler.

Rather than trying to line up the two halfs of the fuselage plus the cockpit assembly and the underside float section all in one go.

To a degree this did work, but i had to use clamps till the glue had set.

John

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thank you all for your kind comments, as for the engine Alan i had no problums fitting it in the fuselage.My biggest problum was fitting the underside of the fuselage, i had to cut off the locating pins as they did not line up with the pins on the cockpit section whitch i had already put in the fuselage, but this was my own fault as i built the floats with the underside section attached to them, i thought it would make life simpler.

Rather than trying to line up the two halfs of the fuselage plus the cockpit assembly and the underside float section all in one go.

To a degree this did work, but i had to use clamps till the glue had set.

John
I had the same problem with the underside I'd forgotten about that I rectified it in the same way

The engine must have been my fault, i must have put the exhaust pipes in the wrong guide holes

J

John Huggins

Easy done Alan had to look two or three times at the plans befor i got it right.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
He He I did the same on mine, So I can look forwards to the same fun putting the belly on!

Ian M