Arch Kavolos Zandtos,angla rellik of the spirits

First Name
Ralph
Hello my Friends
This is my latest and is for Simon. RIP.
28mm Games Workshop kit.
Painted with oils,and metallics with acrylic.
Took a while but I had fun with this.
All the best.
Ralph.

DSCF6101.JPGDSCF6107.JPGDSCF6105.JPGDSCF6112.JPG

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ralph,
not my scene, but that's remarkable! Looks like it should be in a case in a museum! :thumb2:
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a cracker Ralph. What was your technique on the ghosties?......I have some to do and your colour scheme is great.

First Name
Ralph
That’s a cracker Ralph. What was your technique on the ghosties?......I have some to do and your colour scheme is great.
Cheers Tim :smiling3:.
For the ghosties I first sprayed them with Tamiya flat white.
I then used chrome blue oil as a wash and put this all over,I then added chome yellow to the blue wash and put this mainly to the rear when the wash dried I used a soft brush and blended the colours together.
For the highlights I use Titanium white and lightly brushed over everything like you would drybrushing.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Ralph. I have a lot of oils so may try this. The blending is excellent, I thought it was an airbrush finish. I’ve used oils for dry brushing before on armour builds. The fine pigment means they work well don’t they.

First Name
Ralph
Thanks Ralph. I have a lot of oils so may try this. The blending is excellent, I thought it was an airbrush finish. I’ve used oils for dry brushing before on armour builds. The fine pigment means they work well don’t they.
I love using oils and have been using them for 25 years on figures.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I used to use them a lot, but got fed up with the drying times. Might be the time to get them out again for figures. I also use artist acrylics sometimes, if I want a really intense colour or a flame effect, for example....