Ark Models Sig 33 (SF) “Bison”

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW very interesting model... i'm sure it will be fantastic..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Jim on the new and improved seat. I can't imagine trying that in 1/87 scale.
Cheers, Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Steve...a Bison...interesting and good selecting such a build. The only time I saw one built was by Peter Green I think. It's already taking shape and ready for the amount of replacement parts that you have amassed.

Now when you said you started to add some detailing on the front of the hull, I wasn't expecting this...

:tears-of-joy:

Took me a while to locate the modifications :tears-of-joy:

I wasn't surprise too when Simon said he weaved those wicker baskets :smiling2: If they're not painted properly and without the shell protruding I would mistake them for eaten corn cobs :smiling6:

Like your seat modification. This is going to be another special from you. I'm bringing chocolates from my last trip to the couch.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: PJR
First Name
Ross
Steve, just caught this, going to be an interesting build with all the extra's and the improvements you've made.

cheers
Ross

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Young Mr Jones, you don't leave anything out do you. Impressive to say the least. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
A winter scene,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now this will be good off to get my thermals out again and put the shorts away. ( Yes those you pointed those out on Dude 1 build )
JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

You crack me up Allen:smiling2::tears-of-joy::smiling5:. As for the Alan kit I understand Ark brought the rights to the moulds. Obviously they didnt do such a good job on the casting. Never seen so many sink marks in a kit.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Greg. Could be a long trip though
Glad you like it Jim. It came out better than I thought it would
You would be using spots of dust for the rivets Rick:smiling2:
I am so glad you spotted my bit of humour Richard:smiling2::smiling5::smiling6: It took several hours with a slide rule, ruler, computer and copious amounts of research to make sure the speck of white plastic was the right size and in the right place:tears-of-joy::cool:
Thanks Ross. Great to have you looking in.
When it comes to the winter camo I will be asking you all about ice and snowballs JR:smiling3:

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Great work Steve, beyond me lol

Bob

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right on Steve, looking good in the neighborhood!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening mate,
Looks like you got stuck right into this! The wheel mounts look good to me :thumb2:
Coming along nicely :smiling4:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Steve,

I think you got a bit carried away with the spring - book sketch shows ten visible coils, you have nineteen, kit had eight but I suspect 11 or 12 is more likely (bit hard to tell exactly as hidden behind road wheel - see below)

Spring coils should therefore be spaced further apart so that there is room for compression - with nineteen there is nowhere for the spring to compress

pz1.jpg
Resolution has suffered due to enlarging the picture of the vehicle at Kubinka but it looks like eleven or twelve full turns and then the usual three quarter-ish turns at the ends that sit in the carriers top and bottom, with a telescopic damper up the centre

Hope that helps

First Name
Wouter
Another SJCSDP (Steve Jones Classic Super Detail Project) in the make. Looking good so far. These peculiar pieces of weaponry always appealed to me. Keep that eyecandy coming chap!

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Steve just caught up, you have had one or two tribulations along the way but you have certainly over come them and is improvement on the original kit.
Good luck with the rest of the build.
Pete. :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word young Steve you do push your self, most impressed .
I see Mr T from the north has awoken and has given you some advice, I fear that if he was nearer it would have been a slap, how could you put that amount of coil into a spring :smiling2:.
My self of course thought the spring was perfection, there is not much Mr T misses, he has eyes akin to a Red Kite.
He notice a missing thumb on my build from 2 miles away .
JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Thanks Bob. Appreciate it mate
Its well cushty Scottie!:smiling3:
Right back at yer Rick. Many thanks
One done another one to go Si. Thanks for the support comrade
Where would I be with out you Master T?. Many thanks in helping out with the springs. See below for new set
Glad you have found us Pete. I would appreciate your input at anytime with your depth of knowledge of all things scratchy:thumb2:
You crack me up JR.:tears-of-joy: Mr T is indeed the Lord of the Dark side and I am lucky to have him helping me out as much as he does. Did you tell him your Russian friend didn't have a comfort blanket when he was a child and instead sucked his thumb until it disappeared??:smiling5::smiling6::cool:

Last edited:

PJR

First Name
Paul
Haven't seen too many of these. I didn't know they called this (PZ I SPG) one a Bison too.. this is gonna be good!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The thing is Steve we never know when the Lord of Darkness is about, you may think you have got away with some minor or major modeling indiscretion by hiding it under mud or behind some thing, then wham, your exposed .
In future we should post photos of a black sheet hiding what we have built, in this way we might get a way with it .

Heavens forbid Mr T ever takes up judging !

Simon we love you really and are grateful for your great knowledge and help .:hugging-face:
JR