Ark Models Sig 33 (SF) “Bison”

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Done that one Jim about ten years ago. It may well be worth popping in there again at some point to see what changes they have made :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
That blanket and the odds and sods hs come out really nicely. Very well painted. Most pictures show military vehicles loaded up with all sorts of stuff. Not used that tape for blankets although I have used it for seats.
Coming on a treat.
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Spectacular detailing as always my friend.

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding detail work. A model to be proud of. You also do great crapintheback. PaulE

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Thanks Ralph. Pleased with the progress so far
You taught me all about surgical tape back on MM Jim and I havn't looked back. Gives a nice fabric look and feel
More to come Lee. Pleased with it so far
Paul - you need to patent the phrase "crapintheback" You could have it on T shirts, mugs, bumper stickers. The uses are endless. Let me know when you make your first million :smiling5::thumb2::cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

My head's spinning and my mind's reeling! If you haven't been able to do the wheels then no-one can. Just amazing Steve, my hat goes off to you again.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve, really glad you dug this out of the bin. The great work continues. The only thing I could suggest with the idlers would have been to carefully cut down with a razor saw to create the gap.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:flushed::surprised::surprised::surprised:. You amaze me with this detailing, and to think you put it in the bin at one stage !

The little pile of kit in the blanket alone is brilliant work Steve. You say you have been in communication with the Lord of the Dark side, is this by some strange method only done in the depths of the night ?

Regards
A lesser mortal

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Coming along nicely:thumb2:
Nice try with the wheel mods. Looks like quite a complex design to replicate so don’t feel bad it didn’t go to plan...at least you tried.
I tried making idlers for a Pz IV many moons ago.....didn’t go well:smiling5:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

That's kind of you to say Peter but the Mike C's and Mr T's of this world would have done it. I am still a humble apprentice bodger ;) :cool:
I had four to have a go at Scottie. I tried the saw as well as the knife but I just found the thickness of the tyre to be too thin for me to work on. Also when I cut the rims off I lost a lot of the fragile detailing of the central hub. I appreciate your continued support and encouragement
I was pleased with the way the blankets came out JR. There will be several more examples of little bits of add ons by the end of the build
Glad I'm not the only one who suffered Si. May be we should start a club - The Failed Idler Makers :smiling5::cool:

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow mate that is some serious work , beautifully done.

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Steve,
Have you photos showing the radio there below the gun?

When I was looking through my books for you previously they said none of the conversions were fitted with radios however some crews fitted them to front top left corner of the new side armour

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I wish! :smiling5: It was all just a bit of fun. Really enjoyed doing all the scratch work. I expect all the dynamo and telegraph set's will be taken off the top otherwise the gun wont fit. I have several photos with radio aerials on the back so I am happy they had radios. I don't think anyone will ever know exactly whereabouts they were put. I think Alan models has used a bit of artistic license putting it on the firewall.;):smiling3:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Some definitely had radios just not factory fitted so I suppose they could have been placed anywhere where there was room - I was just asking as the ones in pictures I have are top left of superstructure at the front

The enhanced dials and buttons are a big improvement

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah, Steve, I now have reference to the radio if I do need to add wires and stuff. Nicely done.

Cheers,
Richard

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
So sorry for missing this one before Steve, just caught up and what a build.:astonished:
Respect for the tenacity to turn a crappy kit to a real gem with all the scratch building and kit bashing involved. :thumb2: :thumb2:

Love the radio with the cables and such, probably will be hidden soon by the Sig33.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice , very nice, and I have trouble sticking some poxy thin linkage on.