ARNHEM: Major General R E URQUHART'S HIDE OUT HOUSE Zwarteweg 14

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow to me they look great, :D

I real do like them,maybe just use some other greens with the odd brown,and will be fantastic, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I am truly amazed by the workmanship, attention to detail and skill here ..........

Peter

First Name
Richard
Hi Moni, and Peter thanks,

I was just playing around with it to see if its scale and how it will look, got some other colours too, like the suggested brown and some darker green. After the correct position I will do some drybrushing to vary the colours a little.

post some new pics later on.

Cheers Richi

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thanks Moni, those things are called insulators that i knew :confused: they came in a package with 3 poles and they are from Custom dioramics, had those laying around for a long time (13 years or so price is not even in euro's:cool:)so I am going to take a night shift and see if i get some work done on the Stug

Cheers Richi
From the small size of the insulators, they are for telephone wires. The wires should branch off one by one to the walls of buildings.

First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve,

need to glue the poles into place and then I wanted t put a wire on it, and go to each house with 1 wire.

still experimenting what to use for a wire, got some thread dipt in pva some thin electric cable and fishing wire.

just need to figure out what has a nice bent if you know what i mean.

Cheers Richi

T

tommy1drop

Hi Richi

This really is coming along a treat, the Stug looks amazing, really like the weathering and the stowage on the rear deck, those boxes are superb, and I`m looking forward to seeing more of the trees;)

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thanks Steve,need to glue the poles into place and then I wanted t put a wire on it, and go to each house with 1 wire.

still experimenting what to use for a wire, got some thread dipt in pva some thin electric cable and fishing wire.

just need to figure out what has a nice bent if you know what i mean.

Cheers Richi
Looking at the overhead phone wires in my area, they are all almost straight, very little sag.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is the same problem i had Richi,what to use for the wire,on the two zombie ones,

i did,I went to a craft shop and got like a think daring tread ,

but real was not that happy with it,so i will be interest in what you use ;)

First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve, I will keep that in mind.

Well Moni,

going with your experience i won't use daring tread:rolleyes:

get back at you with, what I used.

Cheers Richi

S

Stevekir

I used "knitting-in elastic", available from haberdasher shops or on the Internet, for aeroplane aerials as on a Spitfire or Lancaster. It is very fine and stretches. You could fix one end with glue, then stretch the elastic slightly and glue the other end and cut off the surplus. Stretching it makes it go tight (which as I said seems to be what tel. lines do) and the pre-stretch prevents sagging with age. It can be painted black. I used acrylic (water-based) although enamel (White Spirit-based) might stick better.

http://www.knitwell.co.uk/acatalog/KNITTING_IN_ELASTIC.html

and elsewhere.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Steve, i will have a look at that ,all ways looking for a better way to do things, ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Richi.

I see you've filled the MG aperture in the Saukopf mantlet - should be easy enough to restore the paintwork.

The foliage looks really promising to me and you've done extremely well to get the plotter to cut such small pieces. I think with a bit of variation in the colour of the leaves it will really look the part and look great on the Stug.

Cheers

P

I use EZ wire for aircraft aerials etc should be perfect for the cables although it won't have any sag. I think John stocks it in the shop or a product very similar.

First Name
Richard
\ said:
I used "knitting-in elastic",
Thanks Steve, that's a good one, did't think about that one, will see if my local sewing shop has something like that.

Thanks Paul, yep paint work is already restored. Still experimenting on the foliage first time i try to do it like this. I had a look at the EZ wire but it is really difficult to get here, in Germany so as soon John has it in the shop i will get me some. In the mean time i will try to get some knitting in elastic to see how that works.

Thanks again Guy's and Girl for the input and compliments and comments really appreciate that.

Cheers Richi

C

callmehobbes

Hi, What did you use to cut the leaves? ive looked for ages to find a suitable leaf paper cutter but they are always over scale.

First Name
Richard
Hi Hobbes,

I know what you mean, haven't found it jet either, but I used a Plotter called Summa 120D to cut those leaves.

View attachment 96398

Bought it in a garage sale 8 / 9 years ago for making drawings and cutouts for my RC planes,

but now I use it to cut Plastic and paper and masking foil.

Cheers Richi

86.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
it dose look big,and i did not know that a plotter could cut, ;)

I can see a small enterprise coming up,Richi,s scale leave,s lol,:rolleyes: :smiling3:

ever if i could buy one i would never be able to drive it,:oops::eek::confused:

not good with tech thing,s and even other PC,:confused:

First Name
Richard
Hi Moni,

it is rather big, i can cut as wide as 120cm and about 30 meters long:rolleyes:.

But not all of the leaves are flawless but 8 out of 10 are usable but that's ok.

got some 160 grams A4 white paper that i could try.

so your interested?:cool:

Cheers Richi

Last edited by a moderator:
C

callmehobbes

Never seen/heard of plotters before. I was hoping it was a punch and die set up. I ended up contacting some manufacturers in the craft market to see if they would produce some leaf cutters suitable for 1/35. One company went as far as making a demo model - a basic punch with a range of different leaf heads that could be swapped over. It needed some refinement but I thought it had potential. Sadly the company didn't.

First Name
Richard
No Sorry its a cutting plotter, but it also can be used for drawings and vinyl cutting, it would be cool though and if it was a punch and die I would definitely buy one.

I can only offer you to cut some out of white paper and send them over.

Cheers Richi