Artesania Latina Cutty Sark

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brilliant work Ken I 'll say it again but I love all the deck plankin a work of art you've created an more to come i'll be following along on your build
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Just had a catch up. I totally agree with the others - a great job.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Absolutely beautiful work Ken. You're doing the old girl proud.

D

Deleted member 3568

More work on her, the forward cabins were very confusing.

The steps were a pain to fit and to be honest they couldn't be used anyway, look where they are you would have to get round the belaying pins and anyway they come out under the poop deck (incidentally that is exactly where the instructions tell you to put them.

IMG-20200310-203955-429.jpg
IMG-2443.jpg
IMG-2444.jpg
IMG-20200310-203955-427.jpg

IMG-2450.jpg
IMG-2449.jpg
IMG-2451.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all let me start this update by saying (in the politest possible way)

F$%# b%$$/%% hell.

Let me explain.*

I do my modeling in the spare bedroom, I lay a piece of vinyl down on the floor immediately round my work bench and on top of the bench I put the container with all the brass pieces on the bed behind me after removing some parts needed for my next bit of work I set to adding some of the stanchions on the bow and heard this noise as if a plastic container of billions of bits had fallen on the floor, imagine my surprise when turning round to find that is exactly what had happened and of course as it was BEHIND me and not around the vinyl protection area it had fallen on a shag pile carpet, of course the lid came off. So after moving the bed (carpet was under it) shaking the carpet out I got this.

IMG-2520.jpg

And after several hours

This

IMG-2519.jpg

So on with the update.

IMG-2527.jpg
IMG-2526.jpg
IMG-2523.jpg
IMG-2522.jpg
IMG-2524.jpg
IMG-2525.jpg

I'm really chuffed with how it's going (I should point out check ALL the stanchinons BEFORE gluing them in place as some of the holes are not clear and removing and drilling them after they are glued in place is no easy task.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ken,
I can imagine the colour of the air mate when that lot went over. The beautiful work continues.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
A heart stopping moment and a wasted few hours. Glad you recovered the parts. Ship's looking superb. I imagine the rigging is going to be a long and painstaking job
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Someone suggested getting a cheap vacuum cleaner and keeping it just for disasters like that.
Pete

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks guys, pete have you tried hovering a shagpile carpet to retrieve parts, all it seems to do is force them deeper in or tangle them in the pile more.
Trust me the easiest way is to shake it over some plain paper (do I seem experienced in these matters)