Athena by FeR 1/10

J

Jay-BFG

Well my first build thread on here.

This is a 1/10 bust called Athena, by FeR, part of their Woman series.

I am very slow at painting, and with the warm weather finally here, it will be even slower. Can’t remember when I started this, but it was probably a coup,e of months ago, with a break to do the alien girl.

So enough waffle, here is progress so far.

First is the owl that sits (rather awkwardly IMHO) on her shoulder (you will have seen this in the My portfolio thread.
4927F90F-1B4D-4ADE-8A45-1B50A1A6EF27.jpeg

And her hair
C943EC3A-5744-4E4D-91AC-CE02AB6DC4D3.jpeg

And her eyes. Normally quite good with eyes, but for whatever reason I’ve struggled with these. Here is version 6 or 7
E956D7FF-D601-4E79-9E01-4429416F38B2.jpeg

I suppose I shouldn’t worry so much about them as they as only 1.5mm wide (iris’) and can’t see the issues with the mark 1 eyeball.

Now don’t hold you breath waiting for the next update, but I’ll post when I have some significant progress.

Any comments welcome.

J

Jay-BFG

Sorry just realised this is in the wrong bit, could an admin move it to WIP in fantasy please

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Jeez Jay, those eyes are top grade....really nice work.
Cheers
Tim

F

Fenlander

This is another one I fancied so will be watching with interest. That owl looks really good.

A

Armorguy

I'm in for this thread Jay, have fun sir, you're on a roll ! I really like the colours of the eyes, extremely well done.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jay
So far, so good. The owl is stunning. Eyes are never easy but hers are excellent. Hair too is very nice. I look forward to the rest.
Jim

J

Jay-BFG

I'm in for this thread Jay, have fun sir, you're on a roll ! I really like the colours of the eyes, extremely well done.
Cheers Guy, come to a bit of a stall on her due to life and nice weather
Hi Jay
So far, so good. The owl is stunning. Eyes are never easy but hers are excellent. Hair too is very nice. I look forward to the rest.
Jim
Cheers Jim, done a little bit more on the eyes since taking the photo, won’t bore everyone with a photo

F

Fenlander

Cheers Guy, come to a bit of a stall on her due to life and nice weather

Cheers Jim, done a little bit more on the eyes since taking the photo, won’t bore everyone with a photo

You will never bore anyone with work like this. I keep hovering my finger over the ‘buy now’ button on this one but I am not sure I could manage all that flesh. I can only just get away with a small face.

J

Jay-BFG

I won't be bored...
I know, you’ll be too busy knocking them figures out
The eyes are superb - well worth the effort.
Cheers Peter
You will never bore anyone with work like this. I keep hovering my finger over the ‘buy now’ button on this one but I am not sure I could manage all that flesh. I can only just get away with a small face.
Go on, press that button, it’s just small areas of flesh joined together

D

Deleted member 6559

Absolutely wonderful Jay. The palette of whites and reddish browns is very harmonious - Athena and the owl seem to merge as if they're metamorphosing.

A

Armorguy

Sublime choice of colours Jay, as Peter said before. One to be proud of.

J

Jay-BFG

Absolutely wonderful Jay. The palette of whites and reddish browns is very harmonious - Athena and the owl seem to merge as if they're metamorphosing.
Cheers Peter, not consciously thought about the colours, other than the sash being on the opposite side of the colour wheel.

Sublime choice of colours Jay, as Peter said before. One to be proud of.
Cheers Guy, not sure I enjoyed painting this one, but pleased with the result.

Beautiful - both birds!
LOL, cheers Andy

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
outstanding!

that is really really nice