Atomic Annie.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along nicely Gregg,look forward to seeing more, ;)

First Name
Gregg
Sorry guys & Gal, this has been sectioned away into the back of my modelling cupboard for the moment.

I was getting too frustrated with, poor fit, imperfections etc., The final straw was when the primer I had used (my usual make) started to peel off. :sad:

All well prepped, sanded, washed & tak-ragged, but just had to catch a nail on it and it would peel back.:oops::oops:

I'm wondering if it's (1) the age of the plastic (1957) or (2) the plastic itself, as it is possible to tie the sprues into a knot without it snapping.

Anyway decided to put aside and get on with my 'Gato' instead. :smiling3:

May get it out when that is finished.

On another note, I have caught the disease that appears to have infected this site.

Buyandstashillitus.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Several kits caught my I eye on a 'buy or swap' site. When they arrived I realised I was infected.

Did I really want them, :confused: did I really need them:confused:

They have joined the 'AA' in the back of the cupboard.

Gregg

I

Icabod

I was reading this as I was considering getting mine out of the 'stash' especially after having finished the Wrecker from the same range. You have put me off now. What primer did you use; was it from the usual Halford's range?

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Sorry guys & Gal, this has been sectioned away into the back of my modelling cupboard for the moment.
I was getting too frustrated with, poor fit, imperfections etc., The final straw was when the primer I had used (my usual make) started to peel off. :sad:

All well prepped, sanded, washed & tak-ragged, but just had to catch a nail on it and it would peel back.:oops::oops:

I'm wondering if it's (1) the age of the plastic (1957) or (2) the plastic itself, as it is possible to tie the sprues into a knot without it snapping.

Anyway decided to put aside and get on with my 'Gato' instead. :smiling3:

May get it out when that is finished.

On another note, I have caught the disease that appears to have infected this site.

Buyandstashillitus.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Several kits caught my I eye on a 'buy or swap' site. When they arrived I realised I was infected.

Did I really want them, :confused: did I really need them:confused:

They have joined the 'AA' in the back of the cupboard.

Gregg
What nonsense ............ Of course you need them :D ...........

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
I was reading this as I was considering getting mine out of the 'stash' especially after having finished the Wrecker from the same range. You have put me off now. What primer did you use; was it from the usual Halford's range?
The same primer I have used on all my builds, similar to the Halfords brand bought from my local 'The Range' store.

Still struggling with the one armed building, but recently done a little more on this even though not really got my heart in it.

Especially as I was recently made an offer of another kit I just couldn't refuse, will post pics when it arrives. :D :D:D

Will be stashing it until able to use both arms properly, so may be quite a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Gregg
Had my shoulder replacement done and physio started.

I hadn't realised just how much is affected by this op.

Muscles and tendons into the neck, chest fore arm & wrist all needing physio to get back to normal.

I have been told 6 weeks in the sling, and up to three months before I will be able to drive (even though our car is an auto)

As I have a number of kits waiting to be started, and not wanting to ruin them. I have dragged out 'Annie' that I had relegated to the back of the cupboard.

Finding that a number of parts appear to have gone walk-about, I have had to do a bit of kit bashing to replace them.

Hopefully by the time I have completed this, I will be able use all of my arm and be able to move on to the kits I really want to work on.

I'm not too bothered how this turns out (pig of kit) just using it to get my wrist and fingers working again properly.

View attachment 120071

View attachment 120072

View attachment 120073

View attachment 120074

DSCF4898.JPG

DSCF4899.JPG

DSCF4900.JPG

DSCF4902.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hopefully you will be as good as new Gregg. Nice scratch work on 'Annie'.

First Name
Gregg
Well, having got some mojo back decided to drag this out from the back of the cupboard.

Still doesn't look any better, but want to get it out of the way to make room for some other kits that will need more space to build.

Lost some bits since it last saw the light of day, having to make up some of my own.

Had to blank in the engine bay floors, as you could see daylight through the cooling grills.

Engine Bay Filler.JPG

DSCF1326.JPG

Filling In (2).JPG

Lost part Replacement.JPG

Joint Filler.JPG

Trial Fitting.JPG

Great Fit Not.JPG

First Name
Gregg
Not much to report, only managed to cut out the frames to replace the kit foot plates.

Plasticard 'L' strip, actual plates will be made from aluminium check plate from automotive repair sheet.

Hinges will also be made of plasticard.

Cabs dry fitted, definitely need some green stuff.

Foot Plates.JPG

Foot Plates (3).JPG

Foot Plates (2).JPG

Cab 2.JPG

Cab 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Builder

Looks like your getting better Greg mate, and this model looks very good, coming along very nicely, good work with the plasticard there. 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice with the added detail bits,dose always look much better in the end,nice work, :D

First Name
Gregg
Added a few more pieces this week.

Auto-Plas aluminium mesh for the actual foot plates, not actually to scale but will do for this.

My heart isn't really with this but biding my time for the group build in the new year. I'm Accumulating extras for that one, so this is just a fill in.

Foot Plate  Mods.JPG

Foot Plate Mods Grids 4.jpg

FootPlates Fitted.JPG

Foot Plates Grids Fitted.jpg