AUFKL PZ WG P204(f) 1/72rpm.final part of the three pigs trilogy ,take two.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Before we begin I know for sure that this is a pig in fact I think its become a reoccurring nightmare? When I first got back into all this must've been fifteen years ago I bought this ,at that point way out of my league tried but it ended in the bin ,then some years later I was given it for a birthday present by the other halfs sister on seeing my face she said thats not the one you asked for is it ,no I said oh well she said I'm sure there all the same really ,yep it went the same way as the first. This one must think its self third time lucky havent a clue think perhaps a raffle prize at a club show(yep I really am that lucky). So........
20210521_165854.jpg
20210521_170008.jpg
Have made a small start whilst waiting for the Friday night takeaway....never got far before all the memories came back.
How's this for some flash and the sprue gate's
20210521_180830.jpg
Saved by the takeaway but it looks like this one is bringing home the bacon. Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Before we begin I know for sure that this is a pig in fact I think its become a reoccurring nightmare? When I first got back into all this must've been fifteen years ago I bought this ,at that point way out of my league tried but it ended in the bin ,then some years later I was given it for a birthday present by the other halfs sister on seeing my face she said thats not the one you asked for is it ,no I said oh well she said I'm sure there all the same really ,yep it went the same way as the first. This one must think its self third time lucky havent a clue think perhaps a raffle prize at a club show(yep I really am that lucky). So........
View attachment 424110
View attachment 424111
Have made a small start whilst waiting for the Friday night takeaway....never got far before all the memories came back.
How's this for some flash and the sprue gate's
View attachment 424112
Saved by the takeaway but it looks like this one is bringing home the bacon. Dave
I've got an axe you can borrow :tongue-out3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
David those sprue gates look like fat sausage fingers.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I am praying for your sanity sir!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi David
You do like a challenge don't you. Seriously though it is probably just a case of patience, all your skills, plenty of filler and a liberal amount of bad language :rolling:
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks a tricky one David, good luck!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi David
You do like a challenge don't you. Seriously though it is probably just a case of patience, all your skills, plenty of filler and a liberal amount of bad language :rolling:
Jim
Have heard you can get a swear box the size of a beer barell, empty of course

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Big thanks to all above for taking time to comment ,well a fair bit of fettleing and the whole thing built with no filler needed ,problems arose with the wheels and axels talk about square pegs round holes plus I then find the gauge of the tracks was totally wrong ,so had loose fitting wheels and rubbish track ,then in a light bulb moment remembered I had a box of Italeri track in the stash(don't ask haven't a clue why it was there)but trying to glue wobbly wheels on axels where there was no way of setting the width to fit the gauge except for keep offering it up to the track was curse worthy but I think I got there but as you ll see they still keep falling off.
Sorry forgot to take a pic of it primed but used my go to mig one shot black thinned somewhere about fifty fifty ,shame it looked the part in black. Any way aireal is only sat on to give a what it should look like
20210529_093013.jpg
As you can see still taking casualties, threw some gray and green at it ,long way to yet but enjoy filters washes weathering etc ,taken a bit of time to get this far but work has been a grind and most evenings couldn't be bothered to drag my sorry arss out of the chair hopefully will get a move on now
20210529_170836.jpg
20210529_170811.jpg
20210529_170707.jpg
I do enjoy the next stages so fingers crossed plus postie has been busy might let you chaps choose the next one. Dave