AUFKL PZ WG P204 (f) ?I think and no longer care

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well got to the end this one being the last of the three pigs trilogy and what a pig ,still thats three boxes off the stash three less kits to spoil retirement when I finally get there ,it was OOB all the way nothing added nothing taken away, the open window ? box art shows it with armour plate and vision slit but nothing is included in the kit as I said oob ,I got so fed up with this one that I cobbled it together this morning before I left for work im afraid it is what it is not proud of it but by the same token not too ashamed either. 20210607_061603.jpg
20210607_061715.jpg
20210607_061755.jpg
20210607_061842.jpg
20210607_061929.jpg
Still onwards and upwards as they say, going American next just to get away from 4bo and panzer gray hopefully the kit will be half sensible as well in some ways ive enjoyed the three builds well the first two anyway shame about the NVA AA T34/85 thing as I put some hard work into it but still me and the cat are best mates again . Thanks for your encouragement all i hope to see you on the next one. Dave.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Amazing what you can do with an anvil and a cutting torch mate, that's turned out a decent looking kit, you do a nice job on the rust and weathering :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Turned out nice again, as George might say. Good job on this one, even if you did ge5 fed up with it.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Must admit to not sure about the 'rationale' behind these - purely for railway use. Why didn't they put a set of road wheels on as well, and have them raise for when running on rails - or am I missing something?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Must admit to not sure about the 'rationale' behind these - purely for railway use. Why didn't they put a set of road wheels on as well, and have them raise for when running on rails - or am I missing something?
My guess is the wheel rim and tyre would just be bolted back on to that outer flange with the holes in maybe.:thinking:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right as Rain Mark.....My understanding is, the Germans used these to patrol their rail lines in partisan infested areas of their theater of operations......cover a lot of ground and not get your Ar*e shot off in the process. :thumb2: Rick H.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
See below

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Right as Rain Mark.....My understanding is, the Germans used these to patrol their rail lines in partisan infested areas of their theater of operations......cover a lot of ground and not get your Ar*e shot off in the process. :thumb2: Rick H.
See below

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Firstly a big thanks to all above always feel a bit guilty just pressing the like button ,Gerry you would be surprised at how much armoured rail stuff was used by both ze germans and the Russians, I know the Italians converted Auto Blindas? to run on tracks all of these im more than well catered for in 1/72 ,im sure dragon trumpeter and hobbyboss have dipped their toes in in 35th but how serious they were with them i dont know(ie was it just a half ass stab at the market). On a closing note the little holes around the wheel flange I added them they weren't inc in the kit so perhaps this one wasn't quite oob ,one again a big thanks all. Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi David
Funny how some builds just don't spark enthusiasm and yet you took it from the stash having bought it so at some time you probably fancied it. Despite that the end product is a nice model and its really braille scale :smiling:
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave,

Despite the problems you had, that's turned out well.

Thanks.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave , sad to see you mention " just to get away from 4BO " Oh how can you say that :crying:, I agree with the Panzer Grey of course :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great build Dave. I know it was a pig to build but I think its great, Nice to see something a little different

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave , sad to see you mention " just to get away from 4BO " Oh how can you say that :crying:, I agree with the Panzer Grey of course :smiling3:
John perhaps get away from was a tad strong a short interlude would be better besides I've invested in some MRP 4B0 so as arni says I'll be back. :tongue-out3: :thumb2: