Avro Lancaster rear fuselage variants

First Name
Peter
Apologies if this is the wrong sub forum for this question but I'm new to this site.

I'm currently building the Hasegawa 1/72nd Lancaster BI/III. I have come to the point where I am adding the two small parts that are at the tail end of the fuselage (right behind the rear turret). They are parts i1 and i2. As an aside the instructions get them the wrong way around. I noticed that there are alternative endings h1 and h2 in the kit which provide a more flared end to the aircraft. This got me wondering why the variants existed and for what versions of aircraft. I have searched the Internet and checked my reference books but to no avail. Two example photos below. I thought it might be in order to accommodate different types of rear turret but this dos not seem to be backed up by photos.

Has anyone got any information on this? (before I glue...).

Straight.png
Above without flare, below with.
Flair.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
You have two different turrets there,are you modelling Fraser Nash or Boulton Paul ?

First Name
Peter
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I thought but the above two photos are FN turrets and have different fuselage endings. At least I think they are. It's not my area of expertise so happy to be corrected.