Avro Shackleton Mr.2

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Heavily converted from a Frog kit,the Shackleton Mr.2 original form as a tail dragger.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Nice like it a lot i have the avro but the vac pack one, and the old mans marking from 8 squadron no 57 Florence. Hope to get it started shortly (this year) as a child of the seventies living on the east coast of Scotland the rumble of the four griffins would light up my day it meant dad would be home for tea!!!funny how things change"....

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks nice. But if you really love your Shack's, the Latest Revell one comes highly recommended - well by me anyway.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
four merlins
At the risk of sounding like a rivet counter, the engines are Griffon's. Still a very nice sound. I saw a Shackleton at an air show when I was a kid. That sound will never leave me.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Yes my apologies you are absolutely right RR griffins, nothing wrong with counting rivets i do regularly..... even watching videos on you tube they still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I thought all Shackletons had conventional landing gear but read that the MR.3 had tricycle gear.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I thought all Shackletons had conventional landing gear but read that the MR.3 had tricycle gear.

Early Shackletons were really upgraded Lancaster's for coastal work with conventional undercarriages,the tricycles came in much later.