BA -20 1/35 Scale Russian Armoured Car by Hobby Boss

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well the hairy sick certainly got an outing on this one. Very realistic indeed. Once its all toned down with the weathering it will look the DB's. Made a start on the figures yet??

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Great work, as Peter said, I liked the idea of dabbing whitewash on the tyres.
Cheers, Mike.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks John it was slot of fun a little scary at first but once it started blending it was easy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work John - like the way you've daubed the tyres in particular.
[/QUOTE
Happened by chance Peter, slight slip on one mudguard, then thought ," oh , well that looks ok " , and slapped more on .
Can think they didn't do that, but quite honestly not looked at many actual photos
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well the hairy sick certainly got an outing on this one. Very realistic indeed. Once its all toned down with the weathering it will look the DB's. Made a start on the figures yet??
Thanks Steve, and picked out a pretty worn one at that .:smiling:
John,
Great work, as Peter said, I liked the idea of dabbing whitewash on the tyres.
Cheers, Mike.
Thanks Mike.
Hi John, nice coat of white wash. The field applicator must have had fun doing it. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Oh he did indeed, was probably thinking of slapping the political officer as he did it !
Thanks John it was slot of fun a little scary at first but once it started blending it was easy
Good for you Lee, I will have a search later :thumb2:
John .
------------'---------------'-------------'-------------'--------------'------------'------------
Good evening, I've been sorting out my box of body bits, now have legs, arms, left and right in separate zip bags.
The same goes for the torsos, including splitting up Russian from German where I could reconise. Built up some figures for a build that is going to appear quite soon, but not until this and the T38 are finished . Waiting for PI & S to kindly send me some more water mix.
Right back to the job in hand, I recently bought some figured in, I've found from a MiniArt box a perfect pose for one , it's a Russian Officer standing looking down at this watch, this coupled with the two other crew men attempting to repair the engine.
This where I've got up too, no heads as might pick out some Hornet.
The car has been varnished, and it looks a bit lighter, the white wash seems to have toned down .

IMG_20190520_182544401.jpg

IMG_20190520_182603066_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Meanwhile the cave has been invaded by the phantom planter again.
IMG_20190520_165429425.jpg

IMG_20190520_165437367_BURST000_COVER.jpg

I have been informed by Senior Management that they , the two dogs , have been there for 3 weeks. To think that this morning I had put a build in front of the last one and not even seen it !

C and C always welcome.
Thanks for looking in .
John .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Naughty Gromit :smiling5:
This is coming together nicely now John, the white wash has toned down well. Are you planning on doing any oil stuff on this one?

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Oooooohhhhh that is going to hurt his shin if he slips of that front fender in those icy conditions.....
And you think you have trouble with Gromitt and Shep.....
20190518_100754.jpg

Not only that but........
20190518_100746.jpg
At least I know my place in the home - Bonio anybody ?
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Naughty Gromit :smiling5:
This is coming together nicely now John, the white wash has toned down well. Are you planning on doing any oil stuff on this one?
Thanks Si , oils yes, but not over the top though, more dirty snow to the running boards, and lower sections only. Thought about a snow covered road with some tyre tracks and few back ground bare trees. .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oooooohhhhh that is going to hurt his shin if he slips of that front fender in those icy conditions.....
And you think you have trouble with Gromitt and Shep.....
View attachment 341964

Not only that but........
View attachment 341965
At least I know my place in the home - Bonio anybody ?
Cheers, Mike.
Ha to both ! Yes Stalin will be cursed alright, but if he stands there long enough his boots soles will freeze to the fender ! The photo reminds me of attempting to share a bed with Mrs R and Gertie our beloved late Doberman. To wake up with a large Dober dog lying upside down with it's legs sticking up in the air looking you straight in the eye , breathing that foul dog breath on to you is some thing I remember well. I often though It was a hint I should sleep elsewhere !

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ha to both ! Yes Stalin will be cursed alright, but if he stands there long enough his boots soles will freeze to the fender ! The photo reminds me of attempting to share a bed with Mrs R and Gertie our beloved late Doberman. To wake up with a large Dober dog lying upside down with it's legs sticking up in the air looking you straight in the eye , breathing that foul dog breath on to you is some thing I remember well. I often though It was a hint I should sleep elsewhere !
LOL, yes I still get that early morning breath, Nell, the one under the quilt lays flat on her back with all legs stretched fore and aft :smiling6:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, the Rooskies are just as I had imagined they would be! Congrats on a fine selection for your latest effort. Looking forward to seeing the final results. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, the Rooskies are just as I had imagined they would be! Congrats on a fine selection for your latest effort. Looking forward to seeing the final results. Cheers, Rick H.
Thanks Rick, I bought the MiniArt figures of the guys pushing a truck, I could see that with a little help two could fit the scene.
John .

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You are turning into the master craftsman with your figure work mate. Very impressive. If you are looking for heads PDiddy has several thousand around his house. The police thought he was the shrunken head collector of old Kentish Town until they realised they were plastic. LOL

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Whitewash does look good. Figures work really well.
Very proud of you for being so "tidy" with the body parts.
I have been informed by Senior Management that they , the two dogs , have been there for 3 weeks. To think that this morning I had put a build in front of the last one and not even seen it !
I was thinking that you might be trying for membership of the TBC but then read the above - oh dear John. Your old ways prevail :tongue-out3:
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Commander Race I agree with Jim looks like your out of your comfort zone and doing well lots of changes at the Race towers

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You are turning into the master craftsman with your figure work mate. Very impressive. If you are looking for heads PDiddy has several thousand around his house. The police thought he was the shrunken head collector of old Kentish Town until they realised they were plastic. LOL
Do you want cash or cheque, please advise. Thanks Steve :thumb2:, bit of arm setting changed, and one hand cut off and re fitted in a different angle. The times they fell off the car while I tried the arm at the different angles nearly drove me SANE !
As for Mr P Diddy and his heads, I don't want the police battering down my front door thinking I've joined the notorious PDiddy gang !
Those figures are looking very promising,John, good poses.
Thanks Neil, managed it with out having to rely on drilling / wire use, actually used some CA with some baking powder. Seems to have worked, tomorrow I should find out when I come to sand .
Hi John
Whitewash does look good. Figures work really well.
Very proud of you for being so "tidy" with the body parts.

I was thinking that you might be trying for membership of the TBC but then read the above - oh dear John. Your old ways prevail :tongue-out3:
Jim
Thanks Jim, well they were all in one ex Flora tub. I got so feed up with sorting them out every time I asked Management for some ziplock bags, of course she had some lurking in drawer. Now it's so easy. Sorry to have disappointed you, failed again :loudly-crying::loudly-crying::loudly-crying:.
Commander Race I agree with Jim looks like your out of your comfort zone and doing well lots of changes at the Race towers
Lee, I do have mad moments when I'm really tidy at the bench, but them it desends into chaos . Unlike my filing which is and I say so my self is fantastic ! When you have a tax inspection at home and the revenue inspector compliments you on your accounts with " You missed your vocation, you should have been an accountant ! " Probably the nicest thing I have been told ! Nerds Rule ! I had enlightened her with the offer of looking at my consumables list with 37 sub divisions, where upon she declined ! Oh Happy day it was .:nerd:

Great job Dzohn. PaulE
Thank you Paul, I took a photo esp for you today, " crap in the back " in a posting about a visit . :smiling3:
John .