BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The BA-64 (БА-64, from Bronirovaniy Avtomobil, literally "armoured car") was a Soviet four-wheeled armoured scout car built on the chassis of a Gaz 64 or the Gaz 67 jeep, it incorporated a hull loosely modeled after that of the Sd.Kfz.122 The BA-64 was developed between July and November 1941 to replace the BA20 then in service with armoured car units of the Red Army. Cheap and exceptionally reliable, it would later become the most common Soviet wheeled armoured fighting vehicle to enter service during WW2, with over 9,000 being manufactured before production ended.

With a top speed of 40 mph 80 km/h it was the fastest armoured vehicle in the Russian army.

Weight of 2.4 tons

Length 12 feet /3.66 m

Width. 5ft .9in /1.74 m

Height 6 ft .3 in / 1.9m.

Built by Gaz with a 50 hp petrol liquid cooled 4 cylinder engine.

It had a crew of 2 , and according to Jane's World Armoured Fighting Vehicles (1976 ed.). it could carry 9 passengers !!! Hard to believe, but if Jane's says so it must be true.

Armament was a 7.62 DT machine gun with 1070 rounds.

There were several variants of this, I shall be building the one from Steve's photo he kindly posted. There was version called the BA-64-126 which had the upper turret removed and seated the driver and two passengers but this never passed the concept stage.
However the Red Army took it upon its self to remove the turret and some of the roof line in some vehicles and installing a captured screen from a Volkswagen Schwimmwagen.
So with that in mind a modified BA-64., with out the turret and no windscreen !

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4826.jpgA2.jpg

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4827.jpgA3.jpg

IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

As you can see not many parts and basic instructions, though some nice decals. :smiling:
I've never built a Parc model before and only came across them through Scalemates and Superhobies, made in Russia by all accounts.Having read a
build on here from 2015 from Dave 1973 saying his T18 by Parc was a nightmare :flushed:. I hope this proves to be better.

Staring tomorrow, seats now available through normal channels, ie Steve Jones Ticket masters.
Hope you will grab a seat.
John.

Attachments

• IMG_4825.jpg A1.jpg
    IMG_4825.jpg A1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 5

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Front and centre please and first choice of the biscuits.
Jim
Jim, settle down for a long night , hot chocolate at 2300 , breakfast at 0900 . Blankets are supplied, a small charge my be required.
John.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Count me in sir, full english please and black pudding! Cannot find my wallet, will a iou do

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Count me in sir, full english please and black pudding! Cannot find my wallet, will a iou do
Bob, as long as you don't shout out in German and frighten Jim. God knows where Cod and Chips has gone, do you know, he's supposed to bringing the cakes !

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
He is behind the bike shed having a good feed! Looking forward to this, never heard of it but live in Stug ville.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So JR. is one to assume that all the commyrads in the photo will be along for the ride? Include the "Boys Rifle" and I'm in. Can't have a Commie convertible without a good drive by weapon on board! Cheers, Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I'm in John

Quality looks a bit rough - Miniart is much better, apart from the missing engine that is - good luck

The anti tank rifle in the photo is a PTRD-41 and is available in the Miniart Russian machine guns and equipment set

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Late to the party once again Kombrig Race . However I am pleased to report tickets are selling fast. I have managed to get the cakes ready for you Kombrig. We have:-

Angel cake, Apple cake, Applesauce cake, Avocado cake, Banana cake, Batik cake, Beer cake, Boston cream pie, Banana cake, Banoffee pie, Battenberg cake, Black Forest cake, Blitztorte, Blondie Toffee, Brazil nut cake, Butterkuchen, Buccellato, Bundt cake, Butter cake, Butterfly cake, Carrot cake, Caterpillar cake, Cheesecake, Chestnut cake, Chiffon cake, Chocolate cake, Christmas cake, Clementine cake, Coconut cake, Coffee cake, Crystal cake, Cucumber cake, Cupcake, Date and walnut loaf, Date square, Date squares, Depression cake, Devil's food cake, Dobos cake, Dorset apple cake, Dundee cake, Dutch carnival cake, Eccles cake, Erotic cake, Fat rascal, Fig cake, Flourless chocolate cake, Fondant Fancy, Frog cake, Fruitcake, Funing big cake, Funnel cake, Garash cake, Genoa cake, German Chocolate Cake, Gingerbread, Gooey butter cake, Halloween cake, Hash brownies, Hedgehog Slice, Hevva cake, Hot milk cake, Ice cream cake, Jaffa Cakes, Joffre cake, Kiev cake, King cake, Krantz cake, Lady Baltimore cake, Lamington, Lane cake, Layer cake, Lemon cake, Madeira cake, Mantecada, Molten chocolate cake, Mooncake, Moravian sugar cake, Muffin, Nasturtium cake, Onion cake, Opera cake, Orange and polenta cake, Pancake, Pavlova, Petits fours, Plum cake, Pound cake, Princess cake, Pumpkin bread, Queen cake, Queen Elizabeth cake, Raisin cake, Red bean cake, Red velvet cake, Rock cake, Rum cake, Rum baba, Ruske kape, Sachertorte, Šakotis, Salzburger Nockerl, Santiago cake, Sesame seed cake, Sheet cake, Simnel cake, Smith Island Cake, Smörgåstårta, Snowball cake, Snow skin mooncake, Spekkoek, Spice cake, Spit cake, Sponge cake, Apple Stack Cake, Strawberry cake, Streuselkuchen, Suncake Swiss roll, Tarte Tatin, Tea loaf, Teacake, Tiramisu, Tompouce, Torta alla Monferrina, Tres leches cake, Tunis cake, Upside-down cake, Victoria sponge cake, Vínarterta, Wedding cake, Welsh cake, Whoopie pies, Wine cake, Yule log

The reason for so many cakes is that it usually takes you a few weeks and pages of banter before you actually start building anything :smiling5::smiling3::smiling2::smiling5:

Seriously though mate, I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing this kit come together. I wish you all the best and I will now sit quietly in the corner eating a piece of upside down cake. Happy mogelling

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Great choice John. I always think that these look like proper armoured cars. I think Steve's got the cake list covered, but have you ordered in sparkling mineral water?

R

Ranwulf

Looks like a well travelled vehicle. After the final tally I read some on your project.

Some nice photos here but I'm sure you are well into your research.

Looking forward to the build.
Carrot cake with cream cheese icing and the walnuts please.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Has he set fire to anything yet? No?....ok that’s good then:smiling4:
Right then Mr Race....it’s seems some of the rabble have settled in, more so as I’m here now:smiling5:

Fresh batch of rock cakes and a lemon drizzle cake :hungry:
F46BB335-94B5-46DC-8E15-7FBFD300610A.jpeg

When your ready then mate:thumb2:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I too am concerned Comrade Benson with JR's pyrotechnics while modelling. So I have brought this just in case

http-%2F%2Fcdn.coresites.factorymedia.com%2Fmpora_new%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F01%2FBig...jpghttp-%2F%2Fcdn.coresites.factorymedia.com%2Fmpora_new%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F01%2Fbig...jpg

It is a fire truck, but it’s definitely the most awesome fire truck ever built. Hungarian engineers took the tracks of a WWII-era Russian T34 tank and strapped the jet engines from a MiG-21 to the top of this beast. It was apparently first used in 1991 to put out the raging oil fires set by Saddam Hussein’s army as they retreated from Kuwait. Each of the jet engines delivers 27,000lbs of thrust, capable of powering a MiG at more than twice the speed of sound. There are six fire hoses around each jet engine, which release up to 8,000 gallons of water a minute. Turn the jet engines on and you can send that cloud of spray straight at a fire at 770mph. If you want to see it in action watch HERE.

So everyone we should be okay if Kombrig Race gets the matches out! :smiling5::cool::thumb2:

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Carrot cake with cream cheese icing and the walnuts please.

Just the nuts for me please - I can then blend in with the rest of the crowd.

I trust Mr Race (Komrad Djohn) will be along shortly to demonstrate his trick with the headless safety matches that matron has given to him, to ease his withdrawal symptoms and aid in his recovery therapy.
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Can't wait for the scratchery to begin.

Paul.
:smiling2:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
My apologies Tim. I have included it in the list now. You might want to let wikipedia know as well as thats where I got the list from :smiling5::smiling2::smiling2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice post Mr. Jones, just one question...where the H*LL did they find 8000 gallons of water a minute in the blinking desert? :smiling5:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It is a fire truck, but it’s definitely the most awesome fire truck ever built. Hungarian engineers took the tracks of a WWII-era Russian T34 tank and strapped the jet engines from a MiG-21 to the top of this beast.
The two photos aren’t of the same vehicle :smiling3: The first picture is a (badly overloaded) T-34, the other one is a T-54/55 chassis (impossible to tell if it’s a T-54 or a T-55 from this pic, as the glacis welds aren’t visible :smiling3:) with an access hatch cut into the glacis plate.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
John

My seat is drawn up to follow you.

I may force myself to have a cake - just to be sociable...

Peter