BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

First Name
Wouter
now that's a subject you don't see too often. Good choice John, looking forward to it.

Cheers

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning John

Good luck with the BA-64, should fall together/apart like a 60's, 1:32 Airfix car kit.

I think the crowd might be expecting a scratch built Mig 21, T34/T54/55 fire extinguisher too?

Should be fun

Regards

Steve H

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks like a nice kit john , bit of flash but nothing a dose of good old modelling skill wont sort . Parc models are a Romanian company though not russian , but they are a bit like SMER in that a lot of their kits are reboxes of other peoples stuff , i think theyve done a few of their own toolings but the majority are from other eastern bloc makers like Condor, Mistercraft , KP , etc. Whilst these are not necessarily the latest thing in tooling technology they do however offer a fantastic subject choice not often seen elsewhere so are definitely worth looking at , cheers tony

First Name
Ross
Late to the party again and I even voted for it, pulling up a pew at the back with the naughty people.

cheers
Ross

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Jim, settle down for a long night , hot chocolate at 2300 , breakfast at 0900 . Blankets are supplied, a small charge my be required.
John.
'....a small charge......' good grief you are that tight you could not even put the 'a' between the 'm' and the 'y'.....
But I will still come round for cocoa. :smiling4:...
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Firstly thanks for all the support, cakes and other comments, I have failed at the first fence :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:.

Oh dear as much as I have tried to build what looks to be a simple kit the damned thing doesn't fit. Can't believe its all me .

Time for some photos.

IMG_4835.JPG
The rear section refuses to sit onto the chassis, The chassis appears to be too long.

This is the rear frame.The photo below shows the opening for the frame. so far so good.

Just doesn't line up.

Now moving to the front end, there are two locating pins, that don't locate
It appears that the chassis is too long.
333789IMG_4837.JPG
The front wheels are at odd angles, the instructions are quite poor, and on the wheel section don't show where they fit to the spring leaf. At least on the MiniArt model there were points to fix the spring leaves to . I even managed to get the hubs ( where the steering rod fits ) the wrong way up, I think as they are at a weird angle

IMG_4833.JPG

I know I'm not the best modeller, and often misread the instructions, but I've followed these to the letter picture and still cocked it up.
Searched the web for reviews, none, searched the web for a MiniArt version in 1/35. Discontinued ! Don't want a 1/48 , too small , so a
complete failure up to now.

So before anyone says I could have told you that, at that price what do you expect----- lesson learnt.

Going to try to salvage by trimming part nos 36, as they seem to be causing the problem. As for the front hubs, I shall have to apply glue and remove them and see If they will fit the other way round. The steering rod may have to be replaced with some wire.

Just when I was looking forward to getting all 4 wheels on the ground. There is another make Eastern Express, but having pm'd with Simon of the North , I fear this is probably just the same.
Oh well live and learn.

John.

Attachments

• 1553444861483.png
    1553444861483.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 7

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
A real mystery. I hope you can figure it out. I built an Eastern Express kit of a BA-6 armoured car and although not the best detail it went together ok.
Jim

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, if you have the specs. Check the wheelbase and overall length of vehicle and see if there is a discrepancy. At least you will know where the fault lies. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
A real mystery. I hope you can figure it out. I built an Eastern Express kit of a BA-6 armoured car and although not the best detail it went together ok.
Jim
Thanks Jim, going to have a go today.

JR, if you have the specs. Check the wheelbase and overall length of vehicle and see if there is a discrepancy. At least you will know where the fault lies. Rick H.
Good suggestion Rick, do think it's something I've done as can't believe a kit would be available if it was so wrong .
First job today I will measure and come back and report .

John .

Had been thinking that I would build all the Russian Armoured Cars , hope still to do that yet !

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick . just been and measured.
overall length of chassis is 88, length of the body 86 .5
Still can't see if the front end of the chassis where the two locating pins are supposed to go into the body.
No doubt by tonight I may have the answer, with out matches being involved:nerd:
John.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi John, just caught up with this one, a bit of a x@% the chassis to body disparity. I'm sure you can sort it out, but you would think the kit manufacturer would do a test build to eliminate these sort of problems.
Steve, is there a gluten free option?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all , yes Graeme you would think so.

Determined this time not to be beaten by this I set too with a pair of snips . file and scalpel
First was to remove the moulded shape under the body. Once this was cut away the problem still existed, so the frame work on the chassis was removed and the front cut back.
The part cut away is that triangle section at the rear. I also removed the front part in line with those pins to the left of the photo.
IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4846.jpgA2.jpgIMG_4847.jpgA3.jpg
Steering rod is not going to be replaced, its glued to the bottom of the body !

Mud guards went on reasonably well , a few gaps, as with the lower doors, quite large gaps there, still some gaps around the chassis to body, but not that bad .

IMG_20190325_174604292.jpg

Have put my name down for the
Great review by PMMS , gave it a highly recommended, but no one has any stock in the UK or Europe at the moment.
They also do one with skis and another on rail road tracks.333914333915.

Next will be the attempt to find some figures to match Steves photo, got that gun , so thats a start.

Comments welcome .
John.

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_174612366.jpg
    IMG_20190325_174612366.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190325_174544546_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20190325_174544546_BURST001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1553546144005.png
    1553546144005.png
    402.3 KB · Views: 1

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks like you have gone a long way to sorting it. Just some filling and it's done.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like you have gone a long way to sorting it. Just some filling and it's done.
Jim
Thanks Jim, will put some on tomorrow. Will be interesting to see the difference if my bid for the Vision Model wins. Still have my name down with E models ,so all's not lost.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chair pulled up and Like Peter just to sociable you understand I will have a slice of each that should see me to when the build starts.

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chair pulled up and Like Peter just to sociable you understand I will have a slice of each that should see me to when the build starts.
Your lucky Paul, it nearly ended up on fire !
John.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Well it looks like you’ve wrestled it back into shape:cool:
it’ll be interesting to see what the other kit is like:thinking:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name