BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking car and crew John.:thumb2:
Neat start at the base too, going to look like the photo for sure.:smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Nice looking start to the background building. As Fernando says it does look like the photo.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I wasn't expecting a base and buildings!! This is all very exciting. I have spoken to the removal men and they are returning my chair to sit on as Si is fed up with me sitting on his shoulders. There just isn't enough room here mate. You need to build an extension. Have you arranged with the caterers to send out for supplies?? Looks like we could be here awhile longer. Terrific work young man. Keep it comin

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, looks good. Nothing flammable I hope!:tongue-out3:. Cheers mate.
No Rick, only the foam ! Matron has sized all my matches so things will be ok for the foreseeable future.
Great looking car and crew John.:thumb2:
Neat start at the base too, going to look like the photo for sure.:smiling:
Thanks Fernando, the depth will be out on the building / car but the general look should be right.

Hi John
Nice looking start to the background building. As Fernando says it does look like the photo.
Jim
Cheers Jim, must remember to do some B/W photos .

I wasn't expecting a base and buildings!! This is all very exciting. I have spoken to the removal men and they are returning my chair to sit on as Si is fed up with me sitting on his shoulders. There just isn't enough room here mate. You need to build an extension. Have you arranged with the caterers to send out for supplies?? Looks like we could be here awhile longer. Terrific work young man. Keep it comin
Thanks Steve, why did you remove your chair in the first place then , trying to sell it on EBay again ? .
No caterers, as Si promised to make a batch of those Rock Cakes and some dainty egg and cress sandwiches like Dolly used to make !
JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Oo, great another building

With the photo frames I remove the glass and use the hardboard/mdf backing plate to hold base in place - usually rip off the stand and metal fittings

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Could I please have the recipe for the Rock Cakes? They looked so yummy in the photo. TIA, Rick H. Steve, keep yer seat, Matron will be around shortly for a head count. No telling what will happen if one of us goes missing. Cheers, Alles

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oo, great another building

With the photo frames I remove the glass and use the hardboard/mdf backing plate to hold base in place - usually rip off the stand and metal fittings
I had seen this done Simon but to be trueful didn't want to mess about with the retaining clips , and as the total weight is not much just left it . The stand is off, must be a market for them on E- bay :smiling2:

Could I please have the recipe for the Rock Cakes? They looked so yummy in the photo. TIA, Rick H. Steve, keep yer seat, Matron will be around shortly for a head count. No telling what will happen if one of us goes missing. Cheers, Alles
Rick you will have to ask Si our resident Master Chef if he is willing to part with it.:smiling2:
Steve's going to ok , I've put ca on his seat. no getting away now.

Better move this tread across to Diorama before 570 catches me .:smiling:

Thanks Guys.
John.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Good work there, nice to see a bit of history brought back to life in 3D, well done.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Si. :thumb2:

Doing several builds at once to clear the decks, here is as far as the BA-64 has got.

IMG_4915.JPG
Should get the back ground finished this week , just requires some smoke damage and the supports making to hold it up .

John.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Removed some of the extra muscle !
Gave another coat of paint to all the figures
Next was the faces :thinking:

View attachment 334843View attachment 334844View attachment 334845View attachment 334846
Enjoying these !
Also finished the acrylic work on the car and have given it a coat of gloss varnish. This can have overnight and all morning to dry, then the fun can begin.
Comments of the faces please, say what you think. Personally I think they have improved.
John
Great painting on the figgies John, I definitely see improvement from some of your earlier figs a few years ago. Well done

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great painting on the figgies John, I definitely see improvement from some of your earlier figs a few years ago. Well done
Thanks Joe, taken me some time to get to enjoy them, still a long way to go get to your standard .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking forward to seeing it finished John, looks good.

cheers
Ross
Thanks Ross, should be done by the week end esp as we ave rain forecast !

John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking really good JR. How about stretching your painting talents and putting a weathered company name on the building??

2.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking really good JR. How about stretching your painting talents and putting a weathered company name on the building??
Thanks ,nice Idea mate, but that wouldn't match the photo .
Would like to have a go at that one day, may be in my next did with an industrial setting .