BAC Lightning F.6

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko
Well Sir despite the issues you stuck with it and th result is great. I love those photos on the stand. The clear rod from the exhaust 'suits' the Lightning.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jakko she looks lovely an doin what id seen them do many times an that's goin up like a rocket .Now this is not chritisuim but just wondered why you did not fit the refuelling probe an over wing fuel tanks

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, all :smiling3:

I didn’t fit the overwing tanks or refuelling probe because I wanted a “clean” appearance, especially given the “zoom climb” base, as I understand the tanks were usually carried for ferry flights only, not for operational ones.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Yes I think too, looks very cool Jakko :thumb2:
Cheers Steven

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I think it needs a few more stencils...:tongue-out3:
Actually, it does :smiling3: There should be five yellow bits on each side of the canopy, but I only put four on because one came off when I put the next one on and I couldn’t find it anymore, so I also took off its counterpart on the other side of the canopy.

Love the stand too Jakko.
Thanks, I had the idea I wanted to build this flying, and the exhaust is the obvious choice to put a stand if you ask me :smiling3: The original idea was to print out a satellite photo of some British airbase and glue that to the base, but my printer doesn’t like me using it to print anything on … I could still do that at some point, though, as nothing’s glued.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking finish Jakko and love the stand with the two rods from the exhausts.:thumb2::thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. I, unfortunately, never saw one fly for real. So yours will do nicely.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice. I, unfortunately, never saw one fly for real. So yours will do nicely.
Cor blimey you don't know what you missed fantastic aircraft seen em flyin an crashin in the 60's an when one or two togeather took off down the runway the ground would shake an it would rattle your rib cage an then the plane would stand on its end an go straight up like a rocket wow im really glad I was lucky enough to have seen them
chris