BAC Strikemaster

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
time for a wingy thing, need something simple to do

got given this kit for nothing a while back.......its pretty old and the decals are well knackered, but i have an FCM decal sheet for latin american stuff which includes a Ecudorian Jaguar, and should suit this, since they flew Strikemasters at the same period

dscf0010.jpg

will hopefully end up something like this,.....

15576410.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I think the Strikemaster / Provost is a nice looking aircraft. And old kits, well they are good for the soul. They are sent to remind us what modelling is all about.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great stuff paul , I love a good classic kit . If i recall correctly ( I had this one as a kid ) its in the lovely white plastic that airfix sometimes used in the 70s , very nice to work with ,and had the decal option for the red pelicans display team amongst several others . Its a good kit , obviously the cockpit will not be up to todays standards but if you wanted to jazz it up a tad you can get a pair of resin seats which will make a huge difference as everything is quite visible under that huge canopy , or the other option is to use the nicely moulded pilots . Looking forward to this one , cheers tony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
yes its in white......well, slightly off yellow cos its that old lol......the decals are red pelicans and sultan of oman......but the sheet is well passed its use by date but ive got some ecuador ones.......im not too bothered about accuracy, one of the bang seats is missing but ive found some from something (lord knows what) that look the same size

First Name
Michael
The Matchbox Strikemaster was one of the first models I ever bought myself, looking forward to seeing how the Airfix version comes together.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Good luck with this. These old kits test your skills but when you end up with a model your pleased with there is a real sense of achievement.
Jim