Balian of Ibelin: A 1/10 Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - I would never send anyone rejected work - if it ain't good enough for me I wouldn't want to palm it off on someone else. Glad to be of assistance re. the push to paint - don't spend too much time tidying before you get stuck in. Bloody awful weather here too - rain and wind,

D

Deleted member 6559

This one is done:

100_7744.JPG100_7745.JPG100_7746.JPG100_7748.JPG

Just the shield today, but I had real trouble. I tried the black cross on an all-whiite ground, but it looked awful, so I ended up with this quartered scheme that at least matches the surcoat. It could probably be dirtier, so I might attack it with pastels at some point in the future.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Shame the cross didn't work out on the shield, but then it's on the back so who'll see it anyway.

Another cracking result.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is a real stunner. The colouring is superb. The face is one of your best.
Jim

First Name
Wouter
And another extraordinary finish! I think in the end the colors on the shield are the better choice as well. Pitty the cross didn't work out but I like what I'm looking at.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers chaps. The shield will be weathered eventually - waiting for some new pastels....

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super bust finished, looking really colourful too.

And a bust before the Spitfire pilot, interesting.

Looks like the sun is peeping out this morning

Time for some priming as the garage is accessible without a life raft!

Have a good weekend with the new bust and better weather, though that brings out the pollen and other Hay fever contaminants

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I'm actually quite pleased with this one (shock, horror!). I really enjoy working with colour, especially when you can just make it up. Rained all night here, but the forecast is looking good for the weekend. Hope you can get into the garage....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really like the colours on this one. So much so that I’ve saved one of the images and will nick the colour scheme if I find a fantasy figure that it suits....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry Peter! Late to the party I'm afraid. I must say this is a very striking bust. I do like the purple cloth and the rips in the shield. Lovey work sir.