Band of Models

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Same as Ron (spanner570), with this only being figures i didn't know where to post. Mrs Centurion got me Band of Brothers for christmas soooooo, to keep my fingers going inbetween cooking and stuffing my face i made this little dio. 1:48 scale Tamyia figures, the tree are real (well, twings anyway) thanks Ron, your idea mate. And the snow is Patrick's (dubster72) idea, thanks lads.

Hope you like, John.

R

Richy C

Hi John, looks great mate I love it , funny that - I`ve just watched the whole series of Band of Brothers again myself and the Ardennes series has also given me an idea for my next dio.

Cheers

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent John, big dioramas look good but small ones sometimes have more Umph! This is a prime example. a nice simple subject, well built and nicely photographed.

The second to last pickie gets the fairy on the tree for me.....The late sun (or early morning!)reflecting on the G.Is faces is excellent.

Well done,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely,it looks so cold I nearly turned my heating up!

Steev

D

dubster72

I really like this John, very simple but very well done. It brings that sense of urgency while being under fire. As Ron said, a good dio doesn't always need a big tank! You keep raising that bar for the rest of us (B.A.R. - geddit? Oh you're a tough crowd!) Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great dio john, have to agree with ron the second last pic is superb, just as if you were there. Keep em coming , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Very nice, well animated giving a real sense of action. Love Band of Brothers and this is a good depiction from the film. Certainly has raised the B.A.R (groan) trouble is, as I run (?) towards the line, the bar is getting so high it is getting scary lol. Great diorama. Really like the third from last shot as the splintered 'tree' is very evocative of the 'Bulge' scenes.

N

noble

Heh john this looks well good mate nice effective diorama, love it .

scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks lads, very much appreciated. It was nice to do this as there was no tanks and the Seaknight is still on the bench. Patrick, i like the B.A.R joke matey but, as the winter goe's on they know just down the road theres a spring field (no, still a tough crowd).

Thanks again, John

D

dubster72

Well I'm sure you can garand-tee that you'll give us more excellent work in the future John. ok, no more stupid US weapon-based jokes! Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ok Patrick, no more weapon jokes hehehe. Well, it was nice (but cold) tonight so i got a few more outdoor photos for you.

John

R

Richy C

Must say John that looks stunning with the sun setting in the backround , great photography .

Superb

Richy

D

dubster72

They're really good John, makes it look even more realistic. Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks all, it's good now i've figured my camera out (only had it for two years though lol). Thats it, all back to normal, so now i can get the Seaknight finished.

Have fun, John

G

Gladiator111

Fantastic work John, love the simplicity and effectiveness of it all and the photography is second to none. Well done! heh, I'm struggling to get decent close up pictures with my fuji camera even with the "flower" setting on, just shows how much of a photographer I am...

Love the snow, must have missed Patricks posts but how did you get such realistic snow?? Amazing.

Chris