Bandai 1/16 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 1908 - "Balloon Car"

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm blown away by all your kind, positive posts. It is so encouraging to hear from fellow modellers, people whose work I admire and know what the hobby entails. All the wife can offer is "That's nice." or "Haven't you finished that toy car yet?"
I've got to agree that compliments from the lovely people on here totally eclipse anything non-modellers can offer - we understand the effort that goes into our creations like no-one else can!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Gobsmackingly good Jim ! The finished article is a masterpiece , a very rarely seen model , flawlessly built . Considering the hassle you had undoing the mess with the chassis and engine its a tribute to your skill that it looks so perfect now . Give yourself a well earned pat on the back . One thing I would consider now is a clear display case , a model like this deserves to be shown , cheers tony

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Jim, Jimbo, or Jigs (choose one),

I can't really add much to what has already been said about this fantastic build. You took a dog of a kit, used your master modeling skills, overcame all obstacles, and created a truly exquisite piece. Your determination, scratchery, and painting skills shine Sir! Not to mention the two weeks sleeping on the couch for nicking the wife's yarn to make the spoke wheels. Like Tony said, this baby needs a showcase to protect it and let others be able to see it on display...........BUT,

In order to really let folks know what this fantastic model is all about..............You need to build a balloon to go with it! Now this could create a few probs if you decide to do it. First, a balloon in this scale would be rather large and take up a lot of space. Second, you would have to come up with an evil plan to nick more yarn from the good wife to rig the balloon and basket. This could go south and you might end up sleeping on the couch for another 2-3 weeks if caught. It's your call Jim..........

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry Jim, very late in seeing the end result of this one:flushed:,
It's all been said by the guys already,but here's my tuppnyworth..... An absolutely excellent job of a very tricky subject,so much to take in and admire in all of pictures there Sir:thumb2:,
Definitely one for the centre of the mantle piece :cool:.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm blown away by all your kind, positive posts. It is so encouraging to hear from fellow modellers, people whose work I admire and know what the hobby entails. All the wife can offer is "That's nice." or "Haven't you finished that toy car yet?"
That's a familiar call. Mine asks me if I've finished the sea king yet and when I say = 'stop giving me work to do', she just Hmphs!!!