Bandai 1/48 Snowspeeder

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
After a while away from any serious modelling, (apart from a repaint on the Revell Batman Forever Batwing), I've decided to make a start on the Bandai Snowspeeder...

not too much done at the minute, other than a bit of paint splashed around the 'office'... they still look shiny due to the 'gunk wash'.

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I shall be over the moon if mine looks anything like as good!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
So far the sub-assemblies are looking good, a loverly level of detail. As Daves says, I'd be over the moon with those.

P

Poppasnake

Nice work! Newbie question.....how the hell do you paint such small details bits? I started on the tail lights of a 1/35 tank last night and think I mucked them up! Thanks in advance.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
The detail painting on the bits and pieces is excellent.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Chris,
As has been said, nice paint work:thumb2:
The gunk wash suits well, as I remember it , the rebellion ships where always a bit on the grubby side!
Keep it coming
Si

P

Polux

I’m planning to build one of those, so I will be watching with interest.
Nice work so far :thumb2:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nice work! Newbie question.....how the hell do you paint such small details bits? I started on the tail lights of a 1/35 tank last night and think I mucked them up! Thanks in advance.

I used to freehand them with the good old Mk.1 eyeball, but alas time and age are slowing creeping up on me so i tend to use a cheap pair of reading glasses..1.0 strength if i remember correctly, and a fine detail brush,

I also make sure that the part i'm painting is attached a 'coaster'...(just don't tell the wife..:cold-sweat:), so i can move it around without risking any smudging to the paintwork....oh and a bloody good light...

To stop any hand shakes I rest the index and middle fingers of the opposite hand on the top of the index finger of my 'painting hand'... god i hope this makes sense...lol

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks for the comments guys, i'm hoping to do a bit more to this tonight... maybe i'll make a start on the pilots,

For anybody that has this model, check the length of the pilot's arm.. talk about Gibbon brothers...lol

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Detail painting at its very best. Looking forward to seeing some more progress shots:thumb2:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Update time..

Managed to throw a bit of paint around with a hairy stick, and here's the results... (crikey the camera makes them look soo sloppy, but you'll get the general idea), they both need a little bit of extra clean-up, Some weathering on the helmets once the decals have dried,and a flat coat.

Dak Raltzer
IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Luke Skywalker
IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking office work Chris, Luke and Dak look very nice too.:thumb2:
As I have one too, I'm looking on with great interest.:smiling:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Great looking office work Chris, Luke and Dak look very nice too.:thumb2:
As I have one too, I'm looking on with great interest.:smiling:

Thanks buddy,
i'm hoping to get some more done over the next week or so...

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Right then, i'm back in the saddle...(delays due to life getting in the way..lol)

nothing much done, however i did make a schoolboy error.. after painting the inside of the 'maintenance recesses..on the rear cannon sections, i stupidly put them inside my spray booth and turned on a small heater, just to get the paint to flash off.

forgot about them whilst painting something else and discovered the heat had melted one of the 'boxes'.. Noooooooo.
The heat had melted them to such an extent that they were in 'drooping' and no longer fit the area ...

sooo, a couple of hours of hacking, filling and sanding and i managed to get it back into a close enough shape for me to carry on without scrapping the whole build..

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1564.jpg
    IMG_1564.jpg