Bandai 1/48 ST-AT

D

dubster72

I've put my order in for one of these... but I was wondering about the colour?

Obviously in the films they are white, but if we considered their wider use within the Star Wars universe as an armoured scout, would they not have camouflage to fit whichever environment that they were in?

Or is the white paintwork a sign of Imperial disdain for their Rebel enemies?

Hmmm I can see me buying a few of these ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Film wise they are all a grey/white. In the expanded universe I have seen a AT-ST in camo colours-guess the choice is keep it movie accurate or just go for it.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I forgot to mention in any of my comments about these Bandai kits. Be extremely careful if you want to use lacquer/cellulose on them! It causes the plastic to shatter and crumble. Check out Phil Flory's AT ST build on his website.

I thought about the colours too. I agree with Si, unless you're recreating a scene from one of the films, go with what you think looks best Patrick. I reckon one of these would look really good in a jungle-type camo scheme.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Be extremely careful if you want to use lacquer/cellulose on them! It causes the plastic to shatter and crumble
I have heard of this Dave, not good.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I have heard of this Dave, not good.
I agree. There should be some kind of warning, but as all the writing and instructions are in Japanese, maybe there is!

Apparently you can use lacquer/cellulose but you need to put on a protective coat of something else first.

D

dougie

I have some Bandai stuff to build up hopefully later this year into next year. I will have to remember about this as I love my zero paints primer but it is pretty heavy on the chems