Bandai pendle princess

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I built this and the road roller in my 20s(when it was readily available) and have been looking to get it again for years (but not for the silly money it was going for) well I finally got my hands on it for reasonable money.

Look at all those lovely models they did round the side of the box.

IMG-4374.jpg
IMG-4373.jpg

All those models sadly no longer available (probably several others too, I remember building the Rolls Royce balloon car not pictured there) another kit I would love to build again (I've never seen that available even on ebay, so I would imagine if it came up it would be huge amounts of money)

Anyway here are the first parts to be assembled.

IMG-4377.jpg
IMG-4379.jpg

And a bit of priming (after loads of filling and sanding.

IMG-4375.jpg
IMG-4398.jpg
IMG-4396.jpg
IMG-4399.jpg
IMG-4397.jpg

Oh how I wish Bandia would bring those other models back out.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ken

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

My grandmother's family on my mum's side were from villages in the north Hertfordshire countryside and my mum's, cousins husband had a vintage tractor that he used to show, so we spent many a summer afternoon at a rallies of vintage farm equipment.
Good luck.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
I had a steam engine kit bought for me in my teens by an auntie as a birthday present. This one looks familiar. However it was many years ago so it might not have been this kit. Anyway girls and other teenage interests took priority and it was never built. I don't know what happened to it. No eBay or charity shops back then so I imagine mum and dad binned it when I went off to university.
I shall really enjoy watching you built this.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ken this looks a great build an i shall be followin along an are you goin to fit colured leds in the roof top bulbs workin fron a batt as it will set the model off nicely ?
chris

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've tried the first 30+ yr old decal (in an unobtrusive place incase it was a disaster)it seems to be fine

IMG-4407.jpg

I dont remember this problem when I built there appears to have been some shrinkage, when you try to add the front of the boiler it splits the joint so I had to add a shim to stop it.

IMG-4408.jpg

All seems to fit ok now.

IMG-4409.jpg
IMG-4411.jpg
IMG-4412.jpg
IMG-4410.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

More work done on this one, I dont want it too shiny as they just weren't (all that heat oil grease and smoke) plus they didn't have 2 pack paint back then (in fact I think most of them were hand painted with a brush) a lot of the pipework is moulded into the body of the kit, I intend to replace that with actual pipework.

IMG-4420.jpg
IMG-4421.jpg
IMG-4419.jpg
IMG-4422.jpg
IMG-4423.jpg
IMG-4420.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

More work done on this (done some weathering on the engine block) started on the water tank, Im glad the 30+ yr old decals seem to be behaving themselves, got some oil staining to do to the engine block im thinking of trying to scratch build the speed regulator (that may be a little ambitious) the kit one just niggles me, we will have to see how difficult that is, I may still end up using the kit supplied one.

I must say I don't remember the kit being so blooming awkward the first time I built it (then again Id never heard of filling or sanding bits for a better fit in those days)

I'm sure the fit was better then as I didn't have the patience I have now with warped parts, I think if I was struggling then as I am now it would have been bin fodder, strangely, though I'm finding that slightly better as I end up thinking "hey I got that looking ok"( despite the effort it took)

IMG-4444.jpg
IMG-4442.jpg

IMG-4446.jpg
IMG-4445.jpg

IMG-4434.jpg
IMG-4447.jpg
IMG-4443.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Ken, what a great kit. I’m really liking watching this one. Great work so far.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lovely work, Ken.
..and again, something refreshingly different.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Just spotted this on Facebook marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/623752588299680
Tempting, but not really for me. I do love traction engines though - had a footplate ride on one last year at a heritage railway where they were having a club meeting in the car park. I was driving my TR4A, and the lady driver of one of the traction engines wanted a ride, so I said OK as long as I can have a ride on yours!
Pete

D

Deleted member 3568

Well my missus looked at me like id grown a second head when I bought these in the cheap shop.

IMG-4467.jpg

I said "what, I can see them being useful in modeling" she said "well if you start wearing my underwear we are getting a divorce"

Heres the first use I've found for them.

This is the regulator the kit supplies

IMG-4466.jpg
IMG-4465.jpg

It needs painting but I'm sure you'll agree a big improvement

IMG-4472.jpg
IMG-4471.jpg
IMG-4470.jpg
IMG-4469.jpg
IMG-4474.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice Detail work on this Ken........should be the "Bomb" when done.
Rick H. :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Ken. The boiler and firebox came out well, and that governor is a great improvement on the kit part.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Outstanding job on this one........so much going on at once. Can't wait to see more of this fantastic build.
Rick H.