Bandai pendle princess

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This just gets better.........will be very attractive when you get it done :thumb2: Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking work Ken, it's a pleasure to watch it coming together.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
That is coming on beautifully. Bigger than I thought it would be. Looks as if the decals have gone on well.
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all more progress on this it really is a lovely kit, I wish they would release some of the others they used to make.

IMG-4588.jpgIMG-4585.jpg
IMG-4584.jpg
IMG-4583.jpg
IMG-4582.jpg
IMG-4581.jpg

And I've finally bitten the bullet and started painting the lines on the wheels(I've been avoiding it as my eyes and hands are not as good as they were in my 20s)

IMG-4586.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Ken, I can almost smell the smoke ;)

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite simply stunning Ken!!

ATB

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ken,
just soak it in hot water, then let it cool & dry hanging up, that should take any twist out of it
Dave

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Always nice to watch something different being built. You're making a great job of it Ken

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I had a cunningly clever plan for the pin stripes on the wheels, turned out it was neither cunning nor cleve.

I thought I would get some green insulating tape cut thin strips off and stick them on (turns out its almost impossible to cut thin enough strips consistently and even when you do its incredibly stretchy and shrinks back to size withing about 10 seconds of sticking it. So back to hand painting I don't like to think how many hours of painting and repainting have gone into what I've got done here (and im not even half way there) and im not anything like happy with it.

IMG-4807.jpg
IMG-4811.jpg
IMG-4812.jpg

When I did this in my teens I remember being really chuffed with the finish I achieved then, I don't think I will ever be chuffed with the finish I achieve now.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ken, what about one of those 'Sharpie' coloured pens? I use them for all sorts of painting. Should work a treat for this application. Just re- paint the yellow and away you go with the pen.....Job done in no time at all. :thumb2:

Last edited: