bash at modulation

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Bob,

You just keep going Buddy as you are doing one heck of a job!!! Slam that puppy into 5th gear, give gas and go for it man!!!

Me and my Pastel sticks are creeping along just fine…...

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Bob I don't know about all this modulation in fact this is the first I ever heard of it but what you have done looks ok to me
chris

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Bob

Having a Pz I track break.

The light effect is loosely based partially on Zenith light which is, if the light is at 12 o'clock, how the shadows fall, lightest at the top darkest at the bottom, not necessarily light in the centre then getting darker to the edge.

Hope that makes sense?

Next ,

If you used the track guards to split a vehicle in 1/2, lower and upper, the modulation on the lower 1/2 goes the opposite way, as it lightest at the hub caps and darkest under the track guards by the body of the tank.

Next

As each flat surface is broken, by a plate at a different angle, the edge can be light on the top edge of th lower plate edge and darker on the other lower edge of the upper edge, usually running vertically, but its more about focusing on the break between plates.

This older DVD does a good job showing you about modulation in a simple way, it might even be on You Tube?

Vallejo AFV painting techniques

As both of my current projects will be a single block colour, Panzer Grey, I'll do one with extreme modulation and one with extreme weathering just for practise and experimentation and the best reason

FUN LOL

Hope its getting a little less like ""as clear as mud""!

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Bob

Having a Pz I track break.

The light effect is loosely based partially on Zenith light which is, if the light is at 12 o'clock, how the shadows fall, lightest at the top darkest at the bottom, not necessarily light in the centre then getting darker to the edge.

Hope that makes sense?

Next ,

If you used the track guards to split a vehicle in 1/2, lower and upper, the modulation on the lower 1/2 goes the opposite way, as it lightest at the hub caps and darkest under the track guards by the body of the tank.

Next

As each flat surface is broken, by a plate at a different angle, the edge can be light on the top edge of th lower plate edge and darker on the other lower edge of the upper edge, usually running vertically, but its more about focusing on the break between plates.

This older DVD does a good job showing you about modulation in a simple way, it might even be on You Tube?

Vallejo AFV painting techniques

As both of my current projects will be a single block colour, Panzer Grey, I'll do one with extreme modulation and one with extreme weathering just for practise and experimentation and the best reason

FUN LOL

Hope its getting a little less like ""as clear as mud""!

Steve H
Excellent Steve very well explained. Many thanks

It may come as a surpruse but I have 4 Stugs, 1 in primer so will try the method of adding before the top coat and 3 in panzer grey, it can only go wrong lol