Battle scared

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
im still looking at producing sertain weathering effects and I've decided to do a bit of battle damage using oil dry brushing

Now I'm happy with the result as its a bit softer and natural but is it too much

Can I have your thoughts on this please you good people :smiling3: View attachment 89601

image.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks good Alan But I think you could have chosen a better subject! ALL X-wings were covered in dirt, grime and battle damage so for them, the more the better!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks mate , this x wing is just a test piece for when I repaint a 1/72 scale millenium falcon so it's good to see I'm on the right track :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like it Alan, how its picked up all the panel lines, and you can see its had a hard day, :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks , I've tried not to over do it due to the size , when you see them on screen they are much bigger so you see all the detail but sitting in a shelf you wouldn't see so much :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I really like that Alan - it's not too much, but just enough.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I myself like more subtle tones, I study many real armor photos of active ( at the time ) vehicals and try to scale down their finishes,

don't like over rusted, chipped or weathered look. Unless I'm going for a certain look ie, abandoned, burnt out etc... Find dry brushing to my liking never used air brush don't know if I would want to try old dog you know.