BBC are filming War of the Worlds for Christmas viewing 2018

First Name
Noel
Interesting further replies and opinions guys.
I will have to look out that Pendragon Productions film that I was not aware of.

First Name
Noel
I have just started reading a book named "Massacre of Mankind". It has been written as a sequel follow on to War of the Worlds and approved by the HG Wells foundation. If the first few chapters building up the characters are anything to go by it will be a cracking good read. It is quite a thick paperback so i would guess that this novel is longer than the HG Wells original.
Basically it is about the Martians having a second pop 10 to 15 years after the first invasion around the turn of the 19th to the 20th century.
Ordered mine from Waterstones at about £8.50. WH Smith also probably carries it also. Our friends in the USA might look to Barnes and Noble for same.

First Name
Noel
I have now finished Massacre of Mankind.
Most of the book was a very good read, but towards the end of the book the Jovians intervened to stop the war by diplomacy and the Martians suddenly retreated to somewhere in the Arctic in the far north of Russia.
It was left that industrial noises could be heard coming from the bottom of a deep shaft, so maybe there will be another sequel book to follow on? Who knows.